PUBG: Battlegrounds continues to be one of the most popular games on Steam as further adjustments continue to be made.
At the time of writing, the hugely successful third-person shooter stands as the game with the third-highest amount of concurrent players, according to Steam's database.
With this in mind, PUBG smashed a hole in the gaming market having secured back-to-back accolades of being the top-selling premium game in 2017 and 2018 - selling 80 million copies worldwide collectively.
Because of this, PUBG Corporation, the game's developers, regularly keep their gem updated to ensure that content continues to be fresh and exciting as well as being able to run as smoothly as possible.
Here is everything that you need to know regarding PUBG Update 14.1.
PUBG Battlegrounds Update 14.1 Patch Notes
Via Steam, here are the official patch notes for update 14.1:
- Added cover to the mountain area north of the Palace and the river area east of the Terminal.
- Fixed field of view, bends, and cover for areas where terrain composition is difficult to overcome.
- Improved the cliff topography in the north of Buk San Sa area.
- Corrected the height of the cliffside terrain, which was considered to be OP.
- Reorganization of the topography around the School area.
- After removing the surrounding trees, added fields.
- Covers and hills have been reorganized.
- Terrain improvements in some coastal areas.
- Redline: Corrected the cliff topography of the entire coast.
- Blueline: Removed rocks located around the lighthouse.
- Some mountain/river areas:
- Green area: Added trees to the hillside.
- Magenta Zone: Added flat terrain curves.
- Sky Blue Zones: Added cover for areas that lack cover.
Introducing the Error Space, this map exclusive feature to Taego allows players to gather other map-exclusive weapons and supplies to be spawned randomly within these zones.
Error Space zones are displayed randomly on the minimap and will be active until the end of the match, so make sure you head to the Error Space early so you don’t miss out!
- Players can set the number of Error Spaces.
- Players can set the spawning probability of Error Spaces.
Various items are placed in Breakable Pots that are placed all over the map. Break the pot to loot multiple items inside and lead the match to victory. However, be aware that the sound of breaking the pot may expose your location to enemies. You may break the pot by punching it, but a few shots with your gun can come in handy.
- Normal Match
- Custom Match
- Medical Items
- First Aid Kit
- Adrenaline Syringe
- Energy Drink
- Frag Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Molotov Cocktail
COMEBACK BR AND UI IMPROVEMENTS
- A warning message will be displayed when trying to leave while spectating Comeback BR.
- If you die while being able to participate in Comeback BR, “Exit to lobby” button will be disabled for three seconds.
- A timer that indicates the time left until the start of Comeback BR will be displayed.
- Comeback BR team UI improvements
- Nicknames are now displayed brighter for squadmates who are waiting for Comeback BR to begin.
VEHICLE BALANCE UPDATES
Normal: Reduced from 140km/h to under 130km/h.
Boost: Reduced from 150km/h to under 140km/h.
Normal: No changes are applied.
Boost: Reduced from 130km/h to under 120km/h.
- The leaver penalty should be applied for players who have died and are qualified for the Comeback BR but choose to leave the match without waiting for the Comeback BR to begin.
- Leaver penalty is applied when leaving match during Comeback BR
Pochinki Church Renewal
- In order to balance with the surrounding two or three-story buildings, we have blocked the church rooftop play.
- Added a secret room in the basement of the church where items are spawned. This room can be accessed without a key.
Updated Terrain Around Pochinki
- Added waterway.
- Added cover.
- Added fences.
- Fixed terrain height.
Improved Pochinki Terrain Quality.
- School, Hospital, and the Starting island area have been decorated with the Halloween concept.
- Halloween-themed weather, with unique moon color and fog in certain areas, is added.
- Game Modes
- Normal match
- Custom match
- Halloween: 30
- Clear: 50
- Cloudy: 20
Care Package Smoke Color
- Changed to Halloween colors.
- Flaregun supply crates are not included.
- Placed Mummy Coffins at School, Hospital, and the Starting Island.
NEW FEATURE: CARRY
Available on all maps.
- You may pick up any downed player (friend or foe) that is not currently self-reviving or being revived.
While carrying a player, the following is true:
The following cannot be used.
- Melee weapons
- Throwables (includes Gas/Jerry Can)
- Emergency Pickup
- Emergency Parachute
- You and the carried player still take damage separately.
- Your movement speed remains the same. However, you cannot crouch, go prone, sprint, jump, or hurdle.
- You may still fire your weapon, but from the hip only.
- You may not use healing items.
- You may not use throwables.
While being carried a player, the following is true:
- Your field of vision is limited to the direction your carrier is facing you.
- Carried players cannot join you in a vehicle.
- When the Carrier starts to swim Carry is canceled and the carried person drops/sinks to the bottom.
- You cannot attach to an Emergency Pickup while carrying a player.
- You may not use an Emergency Parachute while carrying a player.
- As-is: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi , Karakin
- To-be: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Taego, Paramo
- As-is: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi
- To-be: Erangel, Miramar, Taego, Paramo
As the Taego and Paramo are added to the Ranked, a separate ruleset is set for Ranked Mode.
- Maximum Players: 64
- Blue Zone: Same as Normal Matches.
- Care Package: Same as Normal Matches.
- Red Zone: Not available.
- Vehicle Spawn: Added fixed spawning locations.
- Only Pony Coupes are spawned in Garages.
- Item Spawn: Same as Normal Matches.
- Flare Gun: Only available to call in a custom airdrop. BRDM-2 won’t be dropped.
- Maximum Players: 32
- Blue Zone: Seven Phases.
- Item Spawn Increase.
- Vehicle Spawn:
- Normal Matches: Buggy
- Ranked: Rony
- Rony is spawned from fixed spawning locations.
- Red Zone: Not available.
- Weather: Clear.
SEASON 13 RANKED MODE REWARDS
With Season 13 brought to an end, the rewards are as follows:
Bronze: Bronze PUBG ID Emblem
Silver: Silver PUBG ID Emblem
Gold: Gold PUBG ID EmblemRanked Parachute Skin
Platinum: Animated Platinum PUBG ID EmblemRanked Parachute Skin
Diamond: Animated Diamond PUBG ID EmblemRanked Parachute Skin
Master: Animated Master PUBG ID EmblemAnimated Master NameplateRanked Parachute Skin
Top 500: Bonus rewards for Top 500 players:Animated Top 500 PUBG ID EmblemAnimated Top 500 Nameplate.
- The earnable rewards above will be ‘UNLOCKED’ FOR A SINGLE RANKED SEASON ONLY (except for the permanent Parachute Skin reward) for the purpose of featuring a player’s seasonal accomplishments.
- Players will only receive the reward for the highest rank they get just before a Ranked season ends.
- Players can find their Unlocked Rewards in the inventory at the start of a new Season.
- Once the server undergoes maintenance after a Ranked Season ends, we will be collecting players’ Unlocked Rewards from their inventories.
COMEBACK BR IN RANKED
- Player kills that happen during the Comeback BR will count as valid kills.
- Team Placements
- Team Placements are calculated the same way as long as the spectate system works the same way. This means:
- Players who are alive and participating in the comeback BR can be spectated by their dead teammates.
NEW PROGRESSIVE WEAPON SKIN – TRICK-OR-TREAT M416
- You can view upgraded features for each level of your Progressive Weapon Skin. Consume materials to upgrade your Progressive Weapon Skins.
- Progressive Weapon Skin Rundown
- Schematics and Polymer are required.
- Upgrading your Progressive Weapon Skin will unlock the features for each level one by one. More schematics and polymers will be needed to get to the next level.
- Upgrades cannot be reverted to the previous level.
- The Halloween theme has been applied to the lobby and its background music.
- We wanted the Nameplate animations to be shown better so we delayed the appearance of emblem, nickname, level, and medal.
- The font size was reduced as well.
DIRECTX 12 VERSION
- DirectX 12 Option: You can now choose to use the DirectX 12 rendering system.
- DirectX 12 may enhance performance, but as an experimental feature, it may not be as stable as DirectX 11.
- Please check the version of your GPU driver for a better DirectX 12 experience.
- Nvidia GPU: Version 471.96 or above is required.
- AMD GPU: Version 21.10.1 or above is recommended.
- Key Hint Widget Optimization
- Frame drops and hitching are reduced.
- Item descriptions will now pop up when players hover their mouse over Set previews.
- The release date for the Progressive Weapon Crate will now be displayed on the Store featured page.
- Clicking on the new banner will take you to the Progressive Weapon Crate menu.
We have updated the replay system. Replay files from the previous updates will no longer be available.
- Fixed the issue of the BZ Grenade pin flying to the back of the character when cooking grenade.
- Fixed the sound being inaudible when player is hit by melee weapons.
- Fixed the issue of the small multi-drop care package’s collision range seeming bigger than it looks.
- Fixed the game crash issue when player collides with care packages in Sandbox Mode.
- Fixed the issue of the killfeed message making it hard for players to drag items that are on the bottom of inventory.
- Fixed the sound being inaudible when player is descending with a parachute after jumping off of plane.
- Fixed the issue of the incorrect visual effects (VFX) being rendered when vehicle collides with wall in a sunny weather setting.
- Fixed the issue of Porter getting destroyed right away when shot by Panzerfaust.
- Fixed the issue of Pony Coupe’s and Porter’s speed not lining up with the speed dashboard.
- Fixed the issue of being unable to kill a different player intermittently appearing and disappearing.
- Fixed the issue of grenade moving to and exploding in a spot different from the thrown position.
- Fixed the incorrect camera position issue when player shoots from vehicle in Replay/Death Cam.
- Fixed the issue of the observer getting reported when observer reports a different player through Replay/Observer Mode’s player list.
- Fixed general bugs in Erangel and Taego.
- Fixed the issue of Korean being shown in the Refund Policy message when purchasing G-Coins in a language setting that is not Korean.
- Fixed the issue of the Random Crate UI overlapping with the Back button.
ITEMS & SKINS
- Fixed the clipping issue with character’s skin when equipping Taego Survivor Tee.
- Fixed the goggle texture issue of Crimson Cadet – Helmet (Level 1) when dropped on floor.
- Fixed the transparent ankle issue when female character equips both Cheerleader Sneakers and PGI.S Tactical Pants.
- Fixed the clipping issue with armpits when male character equips Sleeveless Turtleneck and does the Victory Dance 61 emote.
- Fixed the clipping issue with forehead when most female characters equip only the Blood Hound Muzzle.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect transparency of the glass part when equipping Moon Seeker Helmet.
You can find all of the latest Gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.News Now - Sport News