Epic Games have built a dynasty in their battle royale franchise which has quickly grown into one of the world’s most popular titles, with their free-to-play model taking inspiration right across the industry.
In Season 8, we saw the introduction of the likes of Naruto to the Battle Pass – along with the reappearance of the Cubes and the aliens from Season 7 have been replaced with a whole new threat from The Sideways.
Despite the sweeping changes to Fortnite, the developers still feel it’s appropriate to introduce a patch to fix ongoing issues in the game.
Scroll down to find out everything that we know regarding Fortnite update 18.10 so far.
Fortnite Update 18.10 Release Date
Update 18.10 is scheduled for release on 28th September 2021.
Fortnite Update 18.10 UK Time
From what we have seen from Fortnite Status on Twitter, the downtime for 18.10 will begin at approximately 4 am ET, which equates to 9 am BST.
The developers have also advised that matchmaking will be disabled 30 minutes before this, meaning that from 8:30 am BST you will not be able to access Fortnite servers.
Fortnite Update 18.10 Patch Notes
The 18.10 patch notes are here! All the patch notes we have found are from the Epic Games Site.
Battle Royale Items
• Sideways Minigun (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary)
• Sideways Rifle (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary)
• Paint Launcher (Orange, Purple)
• Paint Grenades (Orange, Purple)
• Monster Shards Cube Monster Parts (Ingredients)
Elimination Manager Device Update
- New Team and Class options that allow for the exclusion of a single class or team.
- New option for randomly selecting which items the device drops from its inventory.
- New option that allows Creators to set a random chance for item(s) to drop from the device.
- New options for Target Type. This allows creators to set what type of target triggers the elimination manager. This can be players, Sentries, any variety of Fiend, or animals from the Wildlife Spawner.
- A new set of options to configure penalties that trigger when a player is eliminated. For penalty options to work, the Eliminated Player’s Items setting in My Island > Settings must be set to Keep.
- Penalty Item determines what is affected by the penalty; Gold, Materials, Score or All
- Penalty Amount determines what percentage of the specified items will be affected from 1% – 100%
- Penalty Effect determines what is done with the items; Remove: just removes them from the Eliminated player’s inventory. Drop: drops the items into the world for other players to pick up. Grant to Eliminator: gives the items to the player who Eliminated the other.
- Fixed a texture issue with the snow on the Arctic Island.
- Added Use Team Score option to My Island UI settings.
- If set to yes, this will cause teams to keep all score gained, regardless of whether players subsequently leave the team.
- If set to no, the team scores will be a dynamically calculated sum of the scores of the players currently on the team (current behaviour).
Prefab and Gallery Updates
- Fixed a texture issue with the snow on the Gray Cliff Snow Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where items could not be picked up on placeable grass patches.
- Fixed an issue with some rooftops in Spooky Mansion Gallery giving the wrong resource material.
- Fixed an issue with the mausoleum props in Spooky Prop Gallery B not being broken by building, not providing harvesting hit points, or showing health.
- Fixed an issue where Background City Gallery was not placed within the preview volume.
- Fixed an issue with the unlit gothic lamp from Spooky Prop Gallery B not being destroyed by pickaxe and gunfire damage.
- Fixed an issue with searchable paintings in the Spooky Mansion prefab.
- Fixed a thumbnail issue with the basic corner asset from the Spooky Mansion prefab.
We’ve converted the following device models to sprite art to help reduce memory costs.
- Skydome device
- VFX device
- Added the Quadcrasher Spawner.
- The Quadcrasher is now back in Creative, fully compatible with the new physics system.
- Added Allowed Team and Allowed Class support to the Item Spawner device.
- The option to turn item visibility OFF for disallowed players will be added in a future release.
- Added new versions of collectibles to the Collectibles Gallery.
- Golden Music Note
- 3 New Coins
- Small Bronze Coin
- Normal Silver Coin
- Large Gold Coin
- Added Spooky Ghosts effect to the VFX device.
- Added new options to the Customizable Light Device
- Dimming Amount
- Dimming Time
- Dim Light When Receiving From
- Undim Light When Receiving From
- Added new options to the Map Marker, Capture Area and Objective Devices to display a directional pulse similar to the one used by Keycards.
- Added new options to the Item Granter:
- Grant On Timer – causes the device to grant items at the specified interval.
- Grant While Offline – if a player leaves the game and then returns later if this option is set to YES the device will calculate how many times it would have granted the items in the player’s absence and then grants them at game start.
- Clear Save Data For Player When Receiving From – clears any persisted data to prevent the device from granting items to a player when they return to the game.
- Fixed an issue where Round results were showing the wrong player as the winner of the Round.
- Fixed an issue with the Join in Progress island setting to allow more than 16 teams.
- Fixed an issue with the Only Allow Respawn If Spawn Pads Found island setting.
- Fixed some issues with the Timer device.
- Now supports non-English character text.
- Fixed an issue that caused the timer to start at 100 minutes rather than 60.
- Fixed an issue where the Skydome Device did not turn back on after re-entering island limits
- Fixed an issue with the Save Point Device increasing saved score when triggering multiple times.
- Fixed an issue with the Round Settings device to make On Round Start Transmit On work correctly with 1 round.
- Fixed an issue with the Customizable Light device which caused square boxes to appear around the device after aiming at it.
- Added a preview (beside the device description) of all filter tags applied to a device when selected in the Device Gallery.
- Fixed various lights from the Ambient Gallery and Ambient Gallery Large not being customizable when they should be.
- Fixed the Team Color option for Customizable Light Gallery to support more than 16 teams.
You can find all of the latest Esports and Gaming news right here at GIveMeSport.