Rocket League goes through regular updates, and with update 2.06 coming out in the near future, we have all the information you need to know.
Patch Notes are crucial for Rocket League, and without them, the game would definitely lose a lot of its fans.
Players are currently loving Season 4, and they cannot wait to see what season 5 will have to offer in the near future.
This upcoming update will have bug fixes and possible new changes to game modes within Rocket League.
The Rocket League update went live on Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 12:00 AM BST.
All updates have been gathered from the official Rocket League site.
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Free Play Ball Control
- New ball controls are now available in Free Play
- We want to thank everyone who contributes to BakkesMod and their hard work for inspiring this feature addition
- You can now control the ball in five different ways with the push of a button:
- Take Possession: Places the ball in front of your car
- Start Dribble: Places the ball on the hood of your car
- Pass Ball: Sends the ball towards your car
- Sometimes the pass will be just left or right of your car, depending on the angle and position, so heads up!
- Launch Ball: Behaves similarly to tip-off in Hoops
- Defend Shot: Shoots the ball towards the closest goal
- These new controls can be used together
- Example: You can use Launch Ball to send it high, then Defend Shot to mimic a shot from the ceiling or high up on the wall
- Ball Reset continues to work as before (return to the kickoff position)
- Defend Shot and Pass Ball don’t always work as intended in some arenas and modes, including:
- Double Goals (Rocket Labs)
- Utopia Retro (Rocket Labs)
- [Nintendo Switch] When using a single Joy-Con for controls, Free Play Ball Control is disabled
- Fixed the appearance of several Decals including Leviathan, Chameleon, and Trigon
- Fixed a bug causing Esports Shop Decals to cover trim on Painted Car Bodies
- Fixed a bug with the News Panel
Although Patch 2.05 didn’t bring about new content, Patch 2.04 saw the car football game collaborate with the NFL and they were able to bring in tonnes of skins for cars as players could decorate the car in the style of their favourite American Football team.
We do not know if something like this would come in the upcoming patch, but hopefully it does as the collaboration with NFL went down amazingly with the gaming community.
With us not knowing an official release date, we will keep our eyes peeled, and we will update this page as soon as we find out the date the patch will be released.
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport