Minecraft has a wealth of cheats and commands that players can use in their worlds, but how exactly do you access them?
To access the cheats in Minecraft you have to use commands, which are codes or phrases you can type in to get additional help in your world.
Here’s everything you need to know about using Cheats and Commands in Minecraft.
How To Use Minecraft Commands
Unfortunately, these Cheats and Commands are restricted to PC only, so you won’t be able to access them via Playstation 4, PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Mobile or Nintendo Switch.
Here’s how you can access the commands in Minecraft:
- Hit the forward slash key (/) to open a chat window.
- Note that you HAVE to be in a game where cheats were enabled when the world was created
- For the player prompt, you can use the following shortcuts to select specific targets for the command itself:
@p = the nearest player to you
@r = a random player
@a = all players in the world
@e = all entities in the world
@s = you
Specific Player Commands
Here are some of the specific cheats/player commands that can be entered in-game:
- /kill [player]
- /tp [player] <x y z>
- /effect <player|entity> <effect> [duration]
- /effect clear <player|entity> [effect]
- /enchant <player> <enchantment> [level]
- /experience add <player> <amount>
World and Environment Minecraft Commands
Here are some of the specific cheats/world and environment commands that can be entered in-game:
- /setworldspawn [x y z]
- /gamemode <type> [player]
- /gamerule <rule> [value]
- /difficulty <level>
- /time set <value>
- /gamerule doDaylightCycle false
- /weather <type> [duration]
- /gamerule doWeatherCycle false
- /clone <x1 y1 z1> <x2 y2 z2> <x y z>
Read More: Minecraft: What are the Best Weapons?
Item and Mob Minecraft Commands
Here are some of the specific cheats/Item and Mob commands that can be entered in-game:
- /give <player> <item> [quantity]
- /gamerule keepInventory true
- /summon <entity> [x y z]
Credit to Gamesradar for the information
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.