Deontay Wilder breaks silence after Tyson Fury knocks him out in trilogy


As it was billed 'Once and For All', the epic trilogy fight ended with both Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury giving their best and leaving it all in the ring.

Despite five knockdowns and countless combos, the fight ended with Fury emerging victorious in the 11th round thanks to a perfect knockdown to Wilder, which helped 'The Gypsy King' retain his title and remain unbeaten.

Immediately after the fight, the American was rushed to a nearby hospital for routine checks, but before he left the arena he did break his silence on his second defeat to Fury and his second as a professional.

“I did my best, but it wasn’t good enough," said Wilder post-fight, as per Boxing Scene.

“I’m not sure what happened. I know that in training he did certain things, and I also knew that he didn’t come in at 277 to be a ballet dancer. He came to lean on me, try to rough me up and he succeeded.”

Fury vs Wilder 3 - The Fight Itself

Both boxers had an explosive start, with Fury bringing his one-twos and Wilder his jabs to the table. It was not until the third round, however, that the bout really started to heat up.

A big right from Fury sent the Bronze Bomber to the floor, but fortunately for the latter, he managed to survive the rest of the round.


With Fury having the upper hand, he would have no doubt wanted to try and end the fight in the fourth, but the American had another plan in mind. 

That plan involved dropping Fury TWICE in one round, putting himself well and truly back in contention.

Wilder was able to land two rights in the fourth, which sent Fury down to the mat and the crowd up on their feet. Despite making it back to his feet the first time of asking, Fury was again laying flat on the canvas thanks to another blow from Wilder. The round ended seconds after the Brit was back on his feet... somewhat fortunately for the champ.

Although Wilder started strong in the fifth round, Fury's composure and his strategy exhausted his opponent. The Gypsy King played in close quarters of Wilder's body, allowing him to keep the momentum on his side for the remainder of the fight.



As slowly and gradually Wilder wore down, Fury landed his two crucial rights to end the fight. The first came in the 10th and the second came just minutes later in the penultimate round.

Hanging by the ropes, a tired and gassed out Wilder was eventually put out of his misery when Fury dropped him to the canvas for a third time, with the match referee waving it off immediately, not even giving him a count this time.

It was job done for Fury and it was a case of repeat rather than revenge in the heavyweight division.

News Now - Sport News