Valorant is one of the fastest-growing FPS titles on the PC market, but how do you download and install the Riot Games release?
Downloading and starting the free-to-play title is a simple process, and we've put together a complete guide so that you can get started with this ever-popular eSports leviathan.
Here's everything you need to know about downloading and installing Valorant on your PC, Laptop or dedicated Gaming Computer.
How To Download Valorant
Here's how you can download the game from the official Riot Games website.
- Head to the official Valorant website
- Whilst on the site, click on the top right-hand corner that reads 'PLAY NOW'
- Then, log into your Riot Games account, or create one if you do not already have one
- Download the Riot Games client.
How To Install Valorant
- Once downloaded, run the file and install Valorant.
- If you want to change the installation path, you can do so by clicking ‘Advanced Options’ and changing the installation location.
- Sign in to the game with your Riot ID
- You'll have to restart your PC in order for Vanguard (the game's anti-cheat programme) to be properly installed on your system
It's also worth noting that the minimum PC requirements for the game are as follows, so make sure that your equipment can handle the game!
Minimum Requirements on PC at 30 FPS
- Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (Intel), Athlon 200GE (AMD)
- Graphics Card - Intel HD 4000, Radeon R5 200
- RAM memory - 4 GB
- VRAM - 1GB
- Disk space - At least 10GB
- Operating System - Windows 7/8/10 64-Bit
Even though these are the recommended minimum specifications, players will likely be able to get some playability out of older rigs, although the performance level will not be great and Riot will not be able to offer any official technical help.
Other How-To Guides
Once you've installed the game and played in a few lobbies, you may want to expand your knowledge of the FPS shooter further, in which case you can check out some of our handy guides for info on pro player settings, crosshair settings, how to block other players and more:
- Valorant: Can I Block Other Players In-Game?
- Valorant: How Can I Change My Name?
- Valorant: How To Make Your Crosshair Smaller - Complete Guide
- Valorant: TenZ pro crosshair settings, mouse settings, video settings, key bindings and more
- Valorant: How do you unlock all of the Agents?
- Valorant: How to Team Chat and All Chat (Complete Guide)
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport
News Now - Sport News