Does anyone even use a watch to tell time anymore?
There’s no denying that the limited exclusivity and production of watches is why they are oftentimes so expensive. In addition, watches are the most expensive element of most people’s outfits.
Athletes are prime examples of people who flex their lavish watches.
Sometimes it’s due to endorsement deals they have with a given watch company, but for the most part it’s because it’s a way of broadcasting their wealth to the general public.
Moreover, Business Insider published a list of the top 23 athletes across all sports that own the most expensive watches. Who takes the cake? Let’s find out:
23. Neymar - Gaga Milano, $2,100
22. Andy Murray - Rado Hyperchrome XXL, $3,475
21. David Beckham - Tudor Black Bay Chrono, $5,100
20. Tom Brady - TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph 01, $5,450
19. Rory Mcllroy - Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch, $6,350
18. Tiger Woods - Rolex Sea Dweller, $11,350
17. Roger Federer - Rolex Sky-Dweller in stainless steel, $14,400
16. Phil Mickelson — Rolex Yacht-Master 40, $27,300
15. Lewis Hamilton — IWC Big Pilot Special Edition, $33,300
14. Michael Jordan — IWC Big Pilot Platinum Limited Edition, $35,500
13. Elina Svitolina — Ulysse Nardin Marine Lady Chronometer, $35,800
12. Conor McGregor — Rolex Sky Dweller, $39,550
11. Usain Bolt — Hublot Big Bang UNICO, $39,900
Those were some BIG names in places 23-11, so who will we find in the prestigious top 10?
10. Patrick Mahomes — Rolex Yacht-Master 40, $47,150
During the Kansas City Chiefs’ victory parade back in 2020, Patrick Mahomes was seen wearing his special Rolex with a dial set in diamonds and lined in rose gold. Wonder if he bought it after the game...
9. LeBron James — Customized Audemars Royal Oak Offshore, $49,500
Almost $50,000 for a watch may seem crazy, but not for LeBron James, who has frequently been rocking his Audemars that is customized in 18k gold.
8. Stephen Curry — Santos de Cartier Skeleton, $63,500
The Golden State Warriors’ talisman is the highest ranked basketball player on this list and he keeps it classy with a very elegant design by Cartier.
7. Paul Pogba — Richard Mille RM 30 White Rush, $166,500
Safe to say that with a weekly salary of almost $400,000, Pogba is surely able to afford a $166,500 watch by esteemed Swiss company Richard Mille.
6. Anthony Joshua - Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Off-Shore, $431,375
One of Anthony Joshua’s company’s (AJ Boxing and Commercial) sponsors is Audemars Piguet. Hence why he owns one of their $431,375 watches. Do you think it was gifted to him or did AJ indeed splash the cash?
5. Cristiano Ronaldo - Rolex GMT-Master II Ice, $500,000
As the third highest paid athlete in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo has been a known culprit of showcasing his lavish lifestyle through social media.
One component is his Rolex, which was once valued as the most expensive watch in the world back in 2019.
4. Rafael Nadal - Richard Mille RM27-02, $725,000
Nadal is one of the few athletes who actually wears his exorbitant watch while competing.
His custom Richard Mille was designed by him, as the orange on the watch serves as a symbol of his dominance on the clay courts of Roland Garros. The watch is supposedly indestructible too.
3. Serena Williams - Audemars Piguet Diamond Outrage, $1.25 million
The serial winner of women’s tennis stunned all her male counterparts when she showed up to the 2017 Met Gala wearing an eye-catching bracelet watch made of white gold and encrusted with 65 carats' worth of precious stones. And just like that we’re past the $1 million mark!
2. Odell Beckham Jr. — Richard Mille RM56-01, $1.95 million
After wearing a $189,000 watch during his debut for the Cleveland Browns, Odell took it to the next level a week later by wearing a $1.95 MILLION Richard Mille timepiece during warmups. Talk about a big flex!
1. Floyd Mayweather — Jacob & Co. 'Billionaire Watch,' $18 million
By a landslide, The Money Man takes the crown for the most expensive watch owned by a sportsperson.
His $18 million Billionaire diamond tourbillon watch is out of this world as it’s set with 260 carats of emerald-cut diamonds. As well as that, even the bracelet is diamond-set. Stay flexin’, Floyd.News Now - Sport News