IT’S FIGHT DAY! Lyndon Arthur vs Anthony Yarde 2 takes place tonight and we have all the information you need to know about this exciting boxing encounter.
Yarde will be hoping to prove the doubters wrong as he lost to Arthur in the first bout between the two last September by a split decision.
Both boxers have won their last fight, so they are both in good form, and due to this, it promises to be a great bout between the two.
There is a lot of pride on the line, and whoever wins will be letting those in the WBO know that they are ready to face the best in the division.
Here is everything you need to know about Arthur vs Yarde 2:
The fight was originally meant to be on Saturday 9th October 2021 but had to be postponed and now it has been confirmed that Arthur vs Yarde 2 will be on Saturday 4th December 2021.
UK Start Time
The TV coverage of the event will be starting at 7PM, so we can expect to see the two fight around 10pm as Arthur and Yarde are the main event of the evening.
Here is everyone fighting on the card on the night:
- Lyndon Arthur vs Anthony Yarde
- Hamzah Sheeraz vs Bradley Skeete
- Sonny Liston Ali vs Lee Hallet – Super Lightweight
- Umar Khan vs Luke Merrifield – Featherweight
- Masood Abdulah vs Paul Holt – Super Featherweight
- Charles Frankham vs Lee Glover – Super Featherweight
- Karol Itauma vs Tamas Laska – Light Heavyweight
- George Fox vs Kamil Sokolowski – Heavyweight
- Dennis McCann vs Juan Jose Jurado – Bantamweight
- Sam Noakes vs Shaun Cooper – Lightweight
You can now purchase tickets for this event. A lot have already sold out, and there is only one section that remains available:
- Upper Bowl Seat: £55 – £77
The two will be fighting in England, at the Copper Box Arena in East London. This venue holds around 7,500 spectators.
Boxing fans will be over the moon to hear that this event will be available on BT Sport, and it is also not on Pay Per View. Therefore, if you have BT Sport it will be available to watch.
If you want to buy BT Sport for a month, it will cost you £25.
If you are a member of BT Sport, you can watch the action online via the BT Sport App or BT Sport Website.
The two have had illustrious boxing careers so far, and now need to make big moves in order to get to the top. Here are the stats of the two fighters:
- Fights: 19
- Wins: 19
- Wins by KO: 13
- Losses: 0
- Fights: 22
- Wins: 20
- Wins by KO: 19
- Losses: 2
As you can see, there are few losses between the two, and with Arthur still undefeated, no doubt will he be the favourite for the bout. He will also not be wanting to add a loss to his career, so there is definitely a lot at stake when the two meet in the ring.
When is the Weigh-In?
You can watch the Arthur vs Yarde 2 weigh-in live on the BT Sport YouTube channel at 2pm on Friday 3rd December 2021.
It will be interesting to see how much of a difference there is from their previous fight.
Here are the full results from the event:
- Anthony Yarde b. Lyndon Arthur (R4)
- Hamzah Sheeraz b. Bradley Skeete (R9)
- Sam Noakes b. Shaun Cooper (R9)
- Dennis McCann b. Juan Jose Jurado (points)
- Kamil Sokolowski b. George Fox (points)
- Charles Frankham b. Constantin Radoi (R4)
You can find all of the latest boxing news right here at GiveMeSport.