The Genshin Impact 2.4 update is set to be released in early 2022 and we have all the information you need to know, including what new content will be coming to the game.
Updates are always exciting as they bring about a lot of changes and fixes. Players will be happy to hear that there is a lot to come from this upcoming update.
Genshin releases these updates to not just bring about new content, but also to fix any bugs that could be causing issues.
UPDATE 26th January: Here’s how to get hold of the new Ningguang skin!
UPDATE January 19th: Here’s the official release time for Ganyu in all regions!
UPDATE January 10th: Here are the top 5 hidden achievements in the Update!
Here’s how to find and use a Radiant Spincrystal!
UPDATE January 6th: The Chinese servers of the game have censored certain character models.
UPDATE January 5th 2022: Here are the Daily Login rewards for 2.4 Update!
Here are the rewards for the Flowing Lights and Colors event!
UPDATE January 4th 2022: New Rifthounds are being added to the Mondstadt region!
UPDATE January 3rd 2022: Here is the full list of new monsters coming to the game as part of the 2.4 Update!
UPDATE January 1st 2022: miHoYo has confirmed all of the weapon banner release dates for 2.4 Update.
Here are the maintenance times for the new update!
Here’s everything you need to know about The Crane in the Clouds!
UPDATE December 29th: Xiao’s banner 4-Star Characters and Weapons have been leaked ahead of release!
Shenhe’s banner 4-Star Characters and Weapons have also been leaked ahead of release!
The Enkanomiya bosses and monsters have been leaked!
UPDATE December 27th: Xiao, Ganyu and Zhongli rerun dates have been revealed!
UPDATE December 23rd: The Livestream date for the 2.4 Update has been leaked!
Mona is set to make a return as part of 2.4 Update!
UPDATE December 15th: It looks like the Level 40 cap for Sacred Sakura is being broken!
UPDATE November 24th 2021: A new region has been leaked!
UPDATE November 18th 2021: We’ve got more updates on Shenhe!
UPDATE November 9th 2021: Are the Shenhe renders that are being leaked real?
UPDATE November 2nd 2021: Sign up for the 2.4 Update beta now!
It is expected that the Genshin Impact 2.4 Update will be released in February 2022, which should coincide with the release of The Chasm.
Genshin Impact 2.4 Update will be released on Wednesday 5th January 2022 and details emerged regarding what can be expected.
No information has yet been released regarding the new banners that will be coming as part of Genshin Impact 2.4 but we will update this page once they are available.
The banner characters for Genshin Impact Update 2.3 were Arataki Itto and Gorou. Both of the new playable warriors were confirmed by the game’s official Twitter account.
MiHoYo will now be announcing new fighters and playable content for upcoming updates on Twitter to try and stop leaks and misinformation from being spread out among the player base…although leaks do still seem to make their way out of the studio and into the player base.
Here are the full Patch Notes for the Genshin Impact 2.4 Update:
I. New Characters
5-Star Character “Lonesome Transcendence” Shenhe (Cryo)
- ◇ Vision: Cryo
- ◇ Weapon: Polearm
- ◇ An adepti disciple with a most unusual air about her. Having spent much time cultivating in isolation in Liyue’s mountains, she has become every bit as cool and distant as the adepti themselves.
- ◆ Shenhe’s Elemental Skill, “Spring Spirit Summoning,” can produce different effects based on how it is used: when pressed, she will rush forward and deal Cryo DMG, whereas when held, she will deal AoE Cryo DMG in front of her. These two different usage methods will provide teammates with Icy Quill effects that will be triggered for a different number of times based on the usage method. Icy Quill increases Cryo DMG dealt by characters’ Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts based on Shenhe’s own ATK.
- Her Elemental Burst, “Divine Maiden’s Deliverance,” deals sustained AoE Cryo DMG to opponents in the field, and also decreases the Cryo RES and Physical RES of opponents in the field.
4-Star Character “Stage Lucida” Yun Jin (Geo)
- ◇ Vision: Geo
- ◇ Weapon: Polearm
- ◇ A renowned Liyue opera singer who is skilled in both playwriting and singing. Her style is one-of-a-kind, exquisite and delicate, much like the person herself.
- ◆ When Yun Jin uses her Elemental Skill, “Opening Flourish,” she charges upward, forming a shield. After the skill button is released, when its duration ends, or when the shield breaks, it will deal Geo DMG. DMG dealt is based on Yun Jin’s DEF, and Shield DMG Absorption is based on Yun Jin’s Max HP.
- Her Elemental Burst “Cliffbreaker’s Banner,” deals a one-time AoE Geo DMG to nearby opponents and grants all nearby party members a “Flying Cloud Flag Formation” which will increase DMG dealt by Normal Attacks. The increase will be based on Yun Jin’s own DEF. Flying Cloud Flag Formation will disappear when the number of times is used up or at the end of the duration.
- ◆ During the event wish “The Transcendent One Returns,” the event-exclusive 5-star character “Lonesome Transcendence” Shenhe (Cryo) and 4-star character “Stage Lucida” Yun Jin (Geo) will get a huge drop-rate boost!
II. New Area
- The now-awakened Enkanomiya calls out to a hero. Beneath the still waters lies a new realm.
- ◇ After the Version 2.4 update, Enkanomiya in the Inazuma region will be available.
- ◇ Unlock Criteria:
- • Reach Adventure Rank 30 or above
- • Complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
- • Complete the World Quests “The Moon-Bathed Deep” and “The Still Water’s Flow”
III. New Events
- “May Fortune Find You” Daily Login Event
- During the event, log in on 7 days in total to receive Intertwined Fate ×10 and other rewards!
- ▌Event Duration
- 2022/01/25 04:00 – 2022/02/09 03:59
- Reach Adventure Rank 5 or above
IV. New Equipment
- 1. New Weapon
- Calamity Queller (5-Star Polearm)
- ◇ A keenly honed weapon forged from some strange crystal. Its faint blue light seems to whisper of countless matters now past.
- ◆ Increases all Elemental DMG Bonus. Obtain Consummation after using an Elemental Skill. This effect will increase the ATK of the character equipping it by a certain amount per second, stacking up to 6 times. When the character equipped with this weapon is not on the field, Consummation’s ATK increase is doubled.
- ◆ During the event wish “Epitome Invocation,” the event-exclusive 5-star weapon Calamity Queller (Polearm) will receive a huge drop-rate boost!
V. New Outfits
Keqing – “Opulent Splendor”
- ◇ Keqing’s formal wear. Amidst the beautiful dawn of the Lantern Rite, the threads weaved by days of hard work intertwine into a light yet magnificent appearance.
- ◆ After the Version 2.4 update – 2022/02/14 03:59, during this period, Keqing’s outfit “Opulent Splendor” will be available for purchase in the Character Outfit Shop at a limited-time discount. During the discount period, the price of the outfit is 1,350 Genesis Crystals. The price will revert to 1,680 Genesis Crystals after the limited-time discount ends. The outfit can only be purchased once.
Ningguang – “Orchid’s Evening Gown”
- ◇ Ningguang’s formal wear. The long cyan skirt traces her elegant curves, and the butterfly wings at her ankles lend the outfit a touch of light grace.
- ◆ During Version 2.4, Travelers can obtain Ningguang’s “Orchid’s Evening Gown” for free through the “Fleeting Colors in Flight” event. After Version 2.4 is over, Travelers can buy the outfit in the Character Outfit Shop.
VI. New Main Story
1. New Archon Quest
- Archon Quest Interlude Chapter: Act I – “The Crane Returns on the Wind”
- ◆ Quest Start Time:
- Permanently available after the Version 2.4 update
- ◆ Quest Unlock Criteria:
- Complete the Archon Quest “Chapter I: Act III – A New Star Approaches”
- 2. New Hangout Events
- Hangout Events: Series V
- Hangout Event: Ningguang – Act I “The Jade Chamber’s Returning Guest”
- Hangout Event: Yun Jin – Act I “A Song That Knows Grace”
- ◆ Hangout Events: Series V Start Time:
- Permanently available after the Version 2.4 update
- ◆ Hangout Events: Series V Unlock Criteria:
- ● Hangout Event: Ningguang – Act I:
- Reach Adventure Rank 28 or above
- Complete Archon Quest Interlude Chapter: Act I “The Crane Returns on the Wind”
- ● Hangout Event: Yun Jin – Act I:
- Reach Adventure Rank 28 or above
- Complete Archon Quest Interlude Chapter: Act I “The Crane Returns on the Wind”
- 3. New World Quests
- ◆ New World Quests: “Hereafter: The Trail of Pervases,” “Hereafter: All is Well,” “Hereafter: Return to the Mountains,” and “The Very Special Fortune Slip,” and more.
- 4. New Commission Quests
- “Uninvited Guests,” “Adventurer Exam: Battle Tactics,” “Adventurer Exam: The Art of Adventure,” “Adventurer Exam: Taking Flight,” “Anna the Adventurer!,” “Ahoy! A Pirate’s Growth for Ye!,” “Troubles Traveling Through Tributaries,” “The Little Pirate Goes Out to Sea,” “The Littlest Journey: Medicine On-Hand,” “The Littlest Journey: Non-Emergency Food,” “The Littlest Journey: Means of Self-Defense?,” “Owe Mora, Pay Mora,” and “Return to Days of Winter.”
- ◆ After completing specific quests or fulfilling certain criteria, the above commission quests may be triggered.
- VII. New Enemies
- “Primordial Bathysmal Vishap,” “Rimebiter Bathysmal Vishap,” and “Bolteater Bathysmal Vishap”
- ◇ A predator that lies in wait within the pitch-dark watery depths. It appears to have adapted to some unknown power out in the deep seas such that it can use elements other than Hydro…
- ◇ When it faces strong foes, it will use its powerful Cleansing Shower. Characters hit by this attack will lose a certain amount of Elemental Energy. If they do not have sufficient Elemental Energy, they will lose HP.
- *Located at Enkanomiya
- “Abyss Lector: Fathomless Flames”
- ◇ A monster of the Abyss Order who sings of the warmth of the dark flames.
- ◇ Some of its attacks will apply the brand of the abyssal flame when they deal DMG to characters. These brands will explode after a short while, causing the whole party to lose large amounts of HP.
- “Cryo Specter,” “Electro Specter,” and “Pyro Specter”
- ◇ High elemental concentrations have resulted in the creation of this floating creature.
- ◇ When it takes a single grievous hit, it will build Fury. When a Specter hits maximum Fury, it will expand, becoming larger and stronger, and it will explode violently when defeated.
VIII. Other Additions
1. New Recipes
- ○ Wanmin Restaurant: Dragon Beard Noodles
- ○ Shenhe’s specialty: “Heartstring Noodles”
- ○ Yun Jin’s specialty: “Cloud-Shrouded Jade”
- ○ Obtain from the “Fleeting Colors in Flight” event: “Bountiful Year”
- 2. New Achievement categories such as “The Light of Day,” and additions to the “Wonders of the World” and “Memories of the Heart” categories.
- 3. New Namecards:
- ○ “Travel Notes: Flowing Hues”: Reward obtained via the BP system
- ○ “Shenhe: Comb: Reward for reaching Friendship Lv. 10 with Shenhe
- ○ “Yun Jin: Rhyme”: Reward for reaching Friendship Lv. 10 with Yun Jin
- ○ “Inazuma: Tokoyo”: Reward for completing all achievements under “The Light of Day”
- 4. New Furnishings: Leisure Device: “Speedy Rhythm,” “Euphonium Unbound: Soaring,” “Euphonium Unbound: Winding,” and more.
- ○ “Speedy Rhythm” Furnishing Series
- This combination of furnishings was created by Tubby herself, and it is made from the Scoreboard and Flash Step components. After stepping on different Flash Steps, the lamps on the Scoreboard will light up one by one and the corresponding score will be recorded.
- ○ “Euphonium Unbound: Soaring,” “Euphonium Unbound: Winding”
- An elegant furnishing crafted out of flawless white porcelain. It seems to have evolved from an age-old Liyue instrument, like a manifestation of a thousand celestial larks. This furnishing can reproduce melodious tunes, restore each delicate note, and let the music drift with the wind to every corner of the Realm Within.
- 5. New feature in Serenitea Pot for creating sets. Travelers can create and customize their own sets, add or remove Furnishings from those sets, and move and rotate them together as one.
- Note: Custom sets will not be saved to the Sets tab. The set will be canceled after all the Furnishings within it are stored.
- 6. New Wildlife: Deep Sea Unagi (Capturable) and Floating Ray.
- 7. New Fishes: Divda Ray and Formalo Ray.
- 8. The Sacred Sakura’s Favor level has been increased to 50. After the Sacred Sakura’s Favor level reaches its maximum, Electro Sigils can be exchanged at Netsuke no Gen Crafts Shop.
- 9. New display of consumable materials for Weapon Enhancement Materials on the Forging page.
- 10. New Mail Box function: some important mail such as birthday wishes will be automatically transferred into the Gift Mail Box after you have collected the rewards.
- Mail within this Box will not expire over time.
- 11. New shortcut wheel customization function. You can customize the shortcut wheel’s system function access on “Settings > Controls” (This feature will be available after you reach Adventure Rank 20 or higher).
- 12. New controller compatibility function: press R3 to display a list of tracked objectives.
- 13. Adds some prompts for loading screens.
- 14. After completing the Story Quest “Lupus Minor Chapter: Act I,” Rifthound Whelps will appear in Mondstadt’s Wolvendom and its vicinity.
- 15. Spiral Abyss
- Updated the monster lineup on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
- Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- • All party members’ Normal Attack DMG increased by 50%.
- Floor 12 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
- • Certain opponents in this challenge possess the Honed Spirit effect, which grants them 10% Physical and All Elemental RES. When opponents with Honed Spirit take hits from attacks that are considered Normal Attack DMG, they will lose 3% Physical and All Elemental RES. A maximum of 30% of each may be lost this way. The RES lost this way will be reset every 20s.
- Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.4, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows：
- Blade-Flourish Moon
- When the active character’s Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attacks hit opponents multiple times within 2s, that character’s Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG is increased by 5% for 8s. Max 15 stacks. This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s and will be cleared if the character goes down or leaves the field.
- Blooming Moon
- When the active character hits opponents with attacks that are considered Normal Attack DMG, there is a 50% chance of unleashing a shockwave at the hit opponent’s position, dealing AoE True DMG. One shockwave can be released in this way every 0.3s.
- Awakening Moon
- When the active character’s Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attacks hit opponents multiple times within 2s, the character gains a stack of Emergence for 8s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.1s. Emergence will be cleared when the character goes down or leaves the field. When the character gains 15 Emergence stacks, the stacks will be cleared and a shockwave will be unleashed that deals True DMG to nearby opponents. After a shockwave is unleashed in this way, all party members will deal 25% increased DMG for 10s.
- Other Adjustments:
- (a). Adjusts the height of the central stage disc in all levels on Floors 9 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
- (b). You can view enemy details on the Party Setup page while continuing your way through the Spiral Abyss.
- (c). When challenging the Spiral Abyss, if there is an Abyssal Star that has not been obtained, the hint text on the left will be grayed out..
〓Adjustments & Optimizations〓
- ● Characters
- 1. Adjusts animations when some polearm-wielding characters take hits, to reduce interspersed movements.
- 2. Adjusts the animation of some claymore-wielding characters when holding their weapons.
- ● Enemies
- 1. Enemies will no longer be regarded as targets when they are defeated and thus will not block attacks from bows or some catalysts.
- 2. Optimizes the impact effect of fallen enemies.
- ● Audio
- 1. Optimizes some quest and NPC voice-overs in English, and some character voice-overs in Japanese.
- 2. In Mona’s Story Quest, “Astrolabos Chapter,” the English voice actor for the NPC Huai’an is changed to David Goldstein.
- 3. In Diona’s Hangout Event, her English voice actor will be Dina Sherman once again (in previous versions, the voice of Diona in English was temporarily provided by Jackie Lastra).
- ● Others
- 1. Optimizes the sorting displays for Crafting and Forging menus.
- 2. Optimizes some operating experiences for using the World Map.
- 3. Adjusts the claiming rules for the purchase of Gnostic Hymn on different platforms. The rules are as follows:
- (a). If you purchase Gnostic Hymn on PC or mobile only, you will not be able to claim the rewards for this season’s Battle Pass via “PlayStation Network” and vice versa: if you purchase it on “PlayStation Store” only, you will not be able to claim rewards on mobile or PC.
- (b). If you purchase Gnostic Chorus on PC or mobile only, you will not be able to claim the rewards for this season’s Battle Pass via “PlayStation Network” and vice versa: if you purchase it on “PlayStation Store” only, you will not be able to claim rewards on mobile or PC.
- (c). If you purchase Gnostic Hymn on PC or mobile, then upgrade it to Gnostic Chorus on the “PlayStation Store,” you can claim the rewards for this season’s Battle Pass on “PlayStation Network,” PC, or mobile. Likewise, if you purchase Gnostic Hymn on the “PlayStation Store,” then upgrade it to Gnostic Chorus on PC or mobile, you can claim rewards on “PlayStation Network,” PC, or mobile.
- 4. After being redirected to the corresponding Domain from the Source section of Weapon Ascension Materials or Talent Level-Up Materials, the Domain for said materials will automatically be selected after entering.
- 5. Optimizes the UI style of some buttons and interfaces.
- 6. Adds synchronized lip movement for Japanese, Korean, and English voice-over for “Hangout Events: Series I.”
- 7. Due to the addition of new World Quests, the position of some enemy camps and scene objects near the Teleport Waypoint near Liyue’s Lisha area have been adjusted.
- 8. Reduces the combat difficulty of the World Quest “Fang of Watatsumi”: decreases the total time required to defend the Ley Line Monolith.
- 9. Optimizes button control experience of the controller when holding down a button to skip.
- ● Enemies
- 1. Fixes an issue with the Electro Whopperflower’s Electro orb attack, whereby it would abnormally block attacks from bows or some catalysts, causing the attack to be invalid.
- 2. Fixes an issue whereby the Bonus DMG effect of the character’s weapon was not triggered normally when attacking an enemy affected by the Wet effect caused by the rain.
- ● Co-Op Mode
- 1. Fixes an issue in Co-Op Mode whereby when the character uses the 4-Piece Set effect of the Artifact “Archaic Petra,” and teleports away from teammates during the duration of the effect, the duration of the damage bonus effect received by teammates was abnormal.
- ● Characters
- 1. Fixes an issue with Zhongli, Albedo, and Thoma whereby their facial expressions would change abnormally in the Character > Weapon interface.
- 2. Fixes an issue whereby when the character climbs a Geo construct while it is about to disappear, the character would float abnormally after the Geo construct has disappeared.
- 3. Fixes an issue with Arataki Itto whereby after using his Elemental Burst, the Oni King’s Kanabou would flicker abnormally.
- 4. Fixes an issue with Arataki Itto whereby some models would display abnormally when he performs Normal Attacks and the final heavy blow with Charged Attacks.
- 5. Fixes an issue with Arataki Itto whereby his Elemental Burst effects would not be displayed when Itto uses his Elemental Burst immediately after the Raiden Shogun uses her Elemental Burst.
- 6. Fixes an issue with Kamisato Ayaka and Yanfei whereby their Charged Attacks can trigger the pressure mechanisms abnormally.
- 7. Fixes an issue whereby when Beidou casts her Elemental Skill, some attacks with very weak interruption effects do not add to the number of attacks she receives.
- 8. Fixes an issue with Sangonomiya Kokomi whereby after the Version 2.3 update, after Kokomi casts her Elemental Burst, she will regenerate HP for all nearby party members multiple times when her Normal and Charged Attacks hit multiple opponents, which is different from the effect of previous versions.
- ● Audio
- 1. Fixes an issue whereby some characters’ Japanese voice-overs could not be played properly.
- 2. Fixes some abnormal sound effects and optimizes some sound effects.
- 3. Fixes an issue whereby when a party member’s HP is low, another characters’ voice-over line is abnormally triggered.
- 4. Fixes an issue whereby when Beidou casts her Elemental Skill and receives attacks from enemies, the related voice-over line cannot be triggered.
- ● Other
- 1. Fixes an issue whereby there is a small chance that the Thunderbearer Mirror in Inazuma’s Yashiori Island could not receive the current from the Sacred Stone Mound, or that the barrier could not be removed.
- 2. Fixes an issue whereby if you do not complete the Story Quest “The Snowy Past” during the “Shadows Amidst Snowstorms” event, the NPC Joel would abnormally disappear after the event ended.
- 3. Fixes an issue in the Serenitea Pot whereby the character cannot be controlled when the character enters the Destination Ring within the Leisure Device: Rhythmic Sprinter and talks to a companion.
- 4. Fixes an issue with the Serenitea Pot whereby the Furnishing “Embroidered Lantern: Lofty Grandeur” cannot be placed in “Inazuman Walled House: Refined Estate.”
- 5. Fixes an issue whereby after a Boar collides with a character, there would be a delay in the character being knocked back.
- 6. Fixes an issue whereby when playing the game on mobile, when characters restore their HP, special effects would be abnormally displayed on other characters’ avatars.
- 7. Fixes an issue whereby after disconnecting and reconnecting to the server under certain conditions, there is a small chance that some characters would not generate Elemental Orbs, Elemental Particles, or restore Elemental Energy after hitting enemies with their Normal Attacks or Elemental Skills in the open world.
- 8. Fixes textual errors in Traditional Chinese, English, Indonesian, German, Thai, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Vietnamese, and Japanese and optimizes some text. (Note: Related in-game functions have not changed. Travelers can view the changes in different languages by going to the Paimon Menu > Settings > Language and changing the Game Language.)
- Text-related fixes and optimizations in English include:
- ◆ Optimized the name of a World Quest from “Hayashi of Tanuki in the Forest” to “Tanuki-Bayashi in the Forest.”
- ◆ Optimized instances of a character’s name from “Abe Yoshihisa no Mikoto” to “Aberaku no Mikoto.”
- ◆ Optimized the names of places from “Byakuya no Kuni” to “Byakuyakoku” and “Tokoyo no Kuni” to “Tokoyokoku.”
- ◆ Optimized Zhongli, Ganyu, and Xiao’s descriptions.
- ◆ Optimized some lines in the quests and World Quests.
- ◆ Optimized the presentation of Korean voice actor names such that Romanized names will now be displayed.
- *This is a work of fiction and is not related to any actual people, events, groups, or organizations.
UPDATE January 1st 2022: New in-game footage of Ningguang and Keqing’s new skins has been leaked!
UPDATE December 22nd 2021: Leaks surrounding Yelan have now been debunked!
UPDATE December 20th 2021: New Junk Chests are apparently being added with the new update!
UPDATE December 18th 2021: Enkanomiya will reportedly not have any Remarkable Chests!
UPDATE December 16th 2021: The Spiral Abyss will be getting new monsters!
UPDATE December 13th 2021: It looks like there might not be a rerun of Zhongli…
UPDATE November 25th 2021: More information has been leaked regarding Yae Miko!
More information has leaked regarding Yelan.
UPDATE November 6th 2021: More info has been regarding Yunjin!
UPDATE October 19th 2021: More information about Baizhu has leaked!
Here’s everything we know about Yunjin!
More information has been leaked regarding The Chasm!
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.