Tottenham Hotspur's disappointing start to the season could be due to an over-reliance on Harry Kane and Heung-min Son, according to Sky Sports reporter Michael Bridge.
Spurs slumped to a fourth Premier League defeat of the season after a Michail Antonio goal handed West Ham United a 1-0 win over their rivals on Sunday.
What's the latest news involving Spurs?
However, it is clear that Nuno was not the hierarchy's first choice option as they also held discussions with Paris Saint-Germain head coach Mauricio Pochettino over a potential return to north London.
Things have not gone to plan for Spurs as, despite backing Nuno to the tune of £57.1million during the summer transfer window, they currently find themselves sixth in the Premier League table and seven points adrift of leaders Chelsea despite a winning start to the season allowing Nuno to clinch the Manager of the Month award for August.
Captain Hugo Lloris has claimed his team-mates "cannot give up" despite falling off the pace thanks to London derby defeats to Crystal Palace, Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham.
According to the Sun, the pressure is mounting on Nuno and he has left the squad divided.
It comes after midfielder Harry Winks criticised the head coach's decision to split the squad into two due to the club's involvement in the Europa Conference League.
What has Michael Bridge said about the situation?
Bridge believes Spurs are relying too heavily on Kane and Son as they seek a return to form.
Kane was criticised after his poor marking allowed Antonio to poke home West Ham's winner at the London Stadium.
Sky Sports pundit Graeme Souness, via football.london, slammed the 28-year-old after yet another derby defeat for Spurs.
West Ham 1-0 Tottenham! Hammers come out on top in London derby - full reaction on The Football Terrace...
Bridge believes the England captain's form, along with that of Son, is a reason for Spurs failing to score the goals needed to climb the table.
He told GIVEMESPORT: "Are Spurs still relying on Son and Kane though? That's my worry."
How have Kane and Son performed so far this season?
Kane initially made his intentions clear that he was looking to leave the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium during the summer transfer window, with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola publicly confirming he was hoping to strike a deal to take the striker to the Etihad Stadium.
However, a matter of days before the deadline passed, Kane revealed he would be staying in north London after City had seen bids for his services rejected.
But his form has deteriorated significantly since finishing last season as the Premier League's Golden Boot winner, with him finding the back of the net just once in eight top flight appearances this term.
Son has been more prolific than the frontman, scoring four goals in eight Premier League outings.News Now - Sport News