UFC veteran Mike Perry signs multi-fight deal with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship

Mike Perry signs multi-fight deal with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship

Former UFC star Mike Perry has signed a multi-fight deal with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, the promotion announced on Tuesday. 

Perry, 30, lost his last two fights to Tim Means and Daniel Rodriguez before his contract expired at the end of April.  

The welterweight finished his UFC contract with a 7-8 record. Perry's most notable wins came against Jake Ellenberger, Paul Felder, Alex Oliveira, and Mickey Gall.

WIN a brand new Xbox S and FIFA 22

ENTER GIVEAWAY

Critically-acclaimed MMA journalist Ariel Helwani reported Perry is likely to fight in January with an announcement to be made in due course. 

The 30-year-old was knocked out on his boxing debut in March 2015 which took place a year before he made his octagon debut.

But now he will ditch the gloves for good as he looks to carve out a legacy for himself inside the squared circle.   

“Let’s skip all the formalities!” Perry said via a press release.

“This sport is evolving, and I am here to strike fear into the hearts of my competitors!

"I plan to intimidate the world when I show what a truly skilled combat specialist is capable of with his bare hands.

"I will dismantle the opposition and reach the glory I have longed for my entire life.

MORE: Paddy Pimblett is 'the next big thing' and has the potential to 'be as big as Conor McGregor'

"I will be crowned King of the streets and King of combat sports!

"They will make me a Platinum Crown and carry me on the bloody backs of my defeated rivals!

"I am here to go straight to the top and make anyone think twice about entering my world! BKFC is my world!”

BKFC president David Feldman said he is 'thrilled' to secure a deal for Perry after missing out on Junior dos Santos.

The American has courted plenty of controversy over the years. Last year he was filmed punching an unidentified man in the face in a bar in Texas. He was also accused of domestic assault by his ex-wife Danielle Nicholson, but was never charged.  

But Feldman believes Perry has the potential to become the face of the organization as he feels 'his aggressive style' will endear him to bareknuckle fight fans around the world.  

He added: “We’re thrilled to bring Mike aboard to our vast stable of exciting fighters.

“Over the last seven years he’s proven to be one of the toughest fighters in mixed martial arts, and his skill set, along with his aggressive style, works very well for our growing international fan base.”

READ MORE: Five things you may have missed from UFC Fight Night: Costa vs Vettori

MORE: Paulo Costa's shocking weight miss slammed by Dan Hooker who claims it's 'F you’ to the UFC

News Now - Sport News