Dribbling is an art in football, but on FIFA 22 it can be incredibly frustrating to master straight away.
Every new game in EA Sports' arsenal can take you a bit of getting used to, especially it comes to owning possession of the ball while playing the likes of Ultimate Team (FUT), Career Mode or even Pro Clubs where this attribute is key when it comes to winning and losing matches.
Whether you are playing with some of the best dribbles in the same such as Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah, Tottenham Hotspur star Heung-min Son or even Paris Saint-Germain darling Lionel Messi - it is important that you make the most of their ability in-game.
Of course, it always helps with the value of their weak foot is better which will greatly help. But when it comes to the star rating of skills - this is vital.
So how can you get the best out of having the ball at your feet? Scroll down to discover our guide to dribbling in FIFA 22.
Before going through this guide, please note that playing on next-gen and previous-gen are vastly different due to the HyperMotion technology that is present in this year's game.
How To Dribble In FIFA 22
There are both basic and advanced dribbling methods in FIFA 22 that you can use to your advantage.
Here are some of the basics you can carry out in-game (for both PlayStation and Xbox):
- Carrying the Ball (LS)
- Skill Moves (RS)
- Protecting the Ball (L2/LT)
- Fast Dribbling (Hold R2/RT)
- Slow Dribbling (Hold L2+R2/LT+RT)
If you are feeling confident, then you can move on to some of the more advanced methods below:
- Face up Dribbling: (L2/LT + R2/RT)
- Drag Back: (R1/RB + L Flick LS down)
- Strafe Dribbling: (L1 + L / (LB + L)
- Fake Pass: (Square then X + direction) / (X then A + direction)
- Fake Shot: (Circle then X + direction) / (B then A + direction)
This may take a while for you to master and your confidence will start to build, which means that you can incorporate skill moves with your dribbling.
Each player in-game has a skillset rating in the player details menu of an individual, which can be accessed by pushing the right analogue stick to access.
Here is an example of what you might find:
As you can see, Hertha Berlin midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has four-star skill moves, which means he can pull off the majority of tricks in-game. Paired with a four-star weak foot, this will make the Ghanain an excellent dribbler.
We have built a comprehensive list below of all the skill moves in FIFA 22 right up to 5-star and even juggling.
Skill Moves Guide For FIFA 22
- Bridge: Tap R1 twice
- Directional Nutmeg: Hold L1 + R1 + Flick RS
- Flick Up: Hold L1 + Click R3
- Open Up Fake Shot: Hold L1 + Tap shoot then Tap pass and move LS up then left or right
- Standing Ball Juggle: Hold L2 + Tap R1
- Ball Roll: Hold RS left or right
- Body Feint Flick: RS left or right
- Drag Back: Hold L1 + R1 + Flick LS down
- Feint Forward and Turn: Flick RS down twice
- Reverse Stepover Roll: RS from left or right to forward
- Stepover Roll: RS from forward to left or right
- Fake Left and Go: Right Roll RS across the bottom from left to right
- Fake Right and Go: Left Roll RS across the bottom from right to left
- Heel Chop: Hold L2 + shoot, then Tap pass and roll left stick from right to left
- Heel Flick: Flick RS up then down
- Roulette Left: Roll RS clockwise from bottom to left
- Roulette Right: Roll RS clockwise from bottom to right
- Ball Hop: Hold L1 + Click R3 while standing still
- Ball Roll Cut: Left Hold RS right + Hold LS left
- Ball Roll Cut: Right Hold RS left + Hold LS right
- Drag Backspin: Flick RS down then left or right
- Drag to Heel: Hold L1 + flick RS down then left or right
- Fake Pass: Hold R2 + Tap shoot then pass while standing still
- Fake Pass Exit: Hold R2 + Tap shoot then pass + Hold LS left or right while standing still
- Four Touch Turn: Hold L2 + Flick RS Back twice
- Heel to Heel Flick: Flick RS down then up
- Lane Change: Hold L1 + RS right or left
- Quick Ball Rolls: Click + Hold R3
- Scoop Turn Fake: Tap shoot then pass and hold LS up diagonally, then flick to the other side
- Simple Rainbow Flick: RS down then up twice
- Skilled Bridge: Hold L2 + Tap R1 twice
- Spin Left: Hold R1 + Roll RS from bottom to left
- Spin Right: Hold R1 + Roll RS from bottom to right
- Stop and Turn: Flick RS up then left or right while running
- Three Touch Roulette: Hold L2 + Flick RS down then right or left
- Advanced Rainbow Flick: RS down then hold RS up then flick RS up
- Ball Roll and Flick: Hold RS right or left then flick up while running
- Ball Roll Fake: Hold RS left or right then flick in the opposite direction while standing still
- Ball Roll Fake Turn: Hold L2 + Roll RS up then left or right
- Elastico Roll: RS on the bottom from right to left
- Elastico Chop Right: Hold R1 + Roll RS across the bottom from left to right
- First Time Turn: Hold L1 + R1 (when taking the first touch)
- Flick Over: Hold L1 + RS up
- Heel Flick Turn: Hold R1 + Flick RS up then down
- Hocus Pocus Roll: RS from bottom to left then right
- Rabona Fake: Hold L2 + shoot then Tap pass and Flick LS down while jogging
- Reverse Elastico Roll: RS on the bottom from left to right
- Sombrero Flick: Flick RS up, up, then down while standing still
- Spin Flick: Hold R1 + Roll RS up then left or right
- Tornado Spin: Hold L1 + Flick RS up then left or right
- Triple Elastico Roll: RS from bottom to right then left
- Turn and Spin Flick: RS up then right or left
- Around the World: Rotate RS 360 degrees
- Chest Flick: Hold L2 + Click R3 twice
- Flick Up for Volley: Hold LS up
- In-Air Elastico Flick: RS right then left
- Laces Flick Up: Press L2 + R3, then press R2 + Flick LS up
- Reverse In-Air Elastico Flick: RS left then right
- Sombrero Flick Backwards: Hold LS down, right, or left
- T.Around the World: Rotate RS 360 degrees then flick RS up
You can find all of the latest FIFA 22 news and everything Gaming related right here at GiveMeSport.News Now - Sport News