October 2, 2021, was a big day in Tottenham Hotspur’s history.
Spurs confirmed the appointment of Antonio Conte, one of the world’s best managers.
The day also marked the 5000th day since they last won a major trophy, which came in the form of the League Cup all the way back in 2008.
Conte will now be tasked with ending that drought as quickly as possible.
We all know how long it’s been since Spurs last won a major trophy, but what about the rest of the clubs in the Premier League?
TalkSPORT have calculated how many days it’s been since every English top tier last won a major trophy.
The key word here is major. Only big trophies have been included, such as the Premier League (or old Division One), FA Cup, Champions League (or European Cup) and the League Cup.
Minor trophies, such as the Community Shield, Super Cup or lower league titles have been excluded.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at how long every club has gone without winning a major trophy…
*Data correct as of November 5, 2021.
17. Brighton, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Watford: Never won a major trophy
16. Burnley: 22,467 days since they last won a major trophy (Football League Division 1)
15. Newcastle: 19,140 days (Inter-Cities Fairs Cup)
14. Southampton: 16,624 days (FA Cup)
13. Wolves: 15,210 days (League Cup)
12. West Ham: 15,154 days (FA Cup)
11. Norwich: 13,375 days (League Cup)
10. Leeds United: 10,785 days (Football League Division 1)
9. Everton: 9666 days (FA Cup)
8. Aston Villa: 9357 days (League Cup)
7. Tottenham: 5003 days (League Cup)
6. Manchester United: 1636 days (Europa League)
5. Liverpool: 498 days (Premier League)
4. Arsenal: 442 days (FA Cup)
3. Manchester City: 178 days (Premier League)
2. Leicester City: 174 days (FA Cup)
1. Chelsea: 160 days (Champions League)
Four clubs – Brighton, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Watford – have never won a major trophy.
Newcastle have gone 19,139 days since they won the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, which came all the way back in 1969.
They now have a bottomless pit of money thanks to their new owners, though, so their drought may not go on for much longer.
Everton have to win a trophy in the next year or their drought will reach 10,000 days.
Felipe RED CARD! Liverpool on FIRE | Liverpool 2-0 Atletico Madrid Reaction | The Football Terrace
Spurs have been mocked for their major trophy drought but only six clubs have won silverware since their last triumph.
It’s now been 1636 days since Man United last won a trophy. The club are still backing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to be the man to end their wait. Whether he will deliver remains to be seen.
Liverpool are just a few days shy of going 500 days without a trophy, although they look in good shape to win one in 2021/22.
Man City, Leicester and Chelsea have all won a major trophy in the last 200 days.