We have arrived at the most wonderful time of the year, as the famous saying goes, and the developers of Rust have launched their December update.
The festive season is upon us and we are expecting Facepunch Studios’ changes this month to replicate that, with a winter twist to their hugely exciting but punishing survival game.
Last month, the MLRS Aiming Module was introduced and can still be found in lockable crates, along with four desert military base monuments.
As well as the new features, typical improvements and bug fixes circulated around looting, crouching and other general gameplay adaptations.
So, what will we get this month? Ccroll down to find out everything that you need to know regarding Rust’s December update.
Rust December 2021 Update Release Date
Great news – Rust’s December 2021 update is out now! Scroll down to view the comprehensive list of patch notes:
Rust December 2021 Patch Notes
EXCAVATOR PRODUCTION BUFF
- 100 HQM
- 2000 Sulfur Ore
- 10,000 Stone
- 5000 Metal Fragments
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES HIGHLIGHTS
- Reduced NGV grain and overlay intensity
Vehicle Animal Attacks
- Animals will no longer attack players inside cars
- MP5 research cost increased and drop rates lowered
- MLRS rockets cluster less towards the centre
Compound Bow Changes
- Compound Bow now unlocked from Tier 1 Workbench
Tech Tree T2
- Electricity and car parts now on a separate branch
Servers (server adjustments)
- EU 11
- EU 12
- EU 13
- EU 14
- EU 15
- EU 16
- EU 17
- EU 18
- EU Small 9
- EU Small 10
- EU Softcore 7
- EU Softcore 8
- EU Softcore 9
- US Softcore 3
- US Softcore 4
- US East 5
- US East 6
- US Small 4
- AU Hapis
Facepunch have advised to look for an alternative server if you play on any of the above.
- Enhanced First Person spectate
- Excavator supply drops
- Excavator 2.5x more yeild
- Failed code lock entry for after 8 failed attempts now locks out user for 15mins
- Exposed bear, boar and chicken populations in Server Admin UI
- Increased human AI line-of-sight responsiveness.
- Compound Bow moved to T1 Techtree
- Compound Bow loses condition while drawn back
- Reduced NVG grain and overlay intensity
- Fish can now be sold for more scrap at fishing village exchange
- MP5 NPC drop chance lowered
- Watch tower decay, health and craft time higher
- Table item craft no longer need metal fragments
- Higher forest density
- TechTree T2 electricity and car parts now on a separate branch
- [MLRS] Increased the target hit area, and rockets cluster less towards the centre. In general it’s now better for larger bases vs. precision targeting.
- [MLRS] Increased the MLRS UI map zoom a little to make targeting easier (remember that it will show a marker you’ve placed as well).
- [MLRS] The MLRS UI now supports characters from other languages.
- [MLRS] The MLRS rocket explosion ground effect now plays at the true hit point rather than directly below the main explosion.
- [MLRS] Reduced MLRS rocket world model size and mass to 25% of actual size and mass. No more giant rockets.
- Fixed skull rock skin missing sound effects
- Fixed case where ammo would be lost when an auto turret reloads a weapon
- Animals no longer continue to attack player corpses.
- Animals will no longer attack players inside modular vehicles.
- Fixed desync exploit abused by some private hack providers
- Fixed gap exploit abused by a large number of hacks
- Fixed missions UI enabled on first open and requiring double click to close
- Fixed some mission typos, incorrect text and wrong reward amounts
- [MLRS] Fixed MLRS rocket backfire effects flashing on when entering LOD range.
- [MLRS] Fixed cassette recorders not sticking correctly to MLRS moving parts.
- Fixed SAM sites not shooting hot air balloons anymore
- The info panel for rocket ammo now shows their true maximum range instead of a semi-fabricated one.
- Fixed LOD issues on the excavator
Click below to see some of the previous updates from Rust.
You can find all of the latest Rust News and everything Gaming related right here at GiveMeSport.