Dillian Whyte pulling out of Otto Wallin fight is 'unsportsmanlike and selfish', Dmitry Salita says

Dillian Whyte pulling out of Otto Wallin fight is 'unsportsmanlike and selfish'

Dillian Whyte's excuses for pulling out of his recent scheduled fight with Otto Wallin are 'completely unsportsmanlike and selfish', Dmitry Salita says. 

The Body Snatcher reportedly suffered a shoulder injury forcing him to call off the fight, which was originally set for October 30 in London. 

But Wallin refused to believe a word of it, taking issue with what he saw as a deliberate attempt by Whyte to avoid rescheduling the bout to go straight into a world title challenge against Tyson Fury.  

And despite Whyte protesting his innocence, promoter Salita insisted the whole situation is totally unprofessional. 

Salita, 39, said to MyBettingSites: “It is completely unsportsmanlike and selfish.

Win a brand new Xbox Series S and FIFA 22

ENTER GIVEAWAY

"Otto Wallin put in weeks and months of training and money into this camp.

"His bags were packed and he was on the way to the airport when we got the call to say it’s been cancelled, so it is unsportsmanlike for Dillian Whyte to say these disrespectful things.

"Don’t forget there are question marks over Dillian Whyte and a failed drug test, so that does not speak well of him to be quite honest.

"I know people can change, but for him to be so disrespectful and disregard the situation in such a way, it says a lot.”

Dillian Whyte was forced to pull out of his fight with Otto Wallin on medical grounds

Whyte, 33, had been granted permission to make a voluntary defence of his WBC 'interim' title and he had hand-picked Wallin, 30, as his opponent, with the winner then going on to face the WBC Gypsy King.

Wallin's team have now publicly called for that fight to be rescheduled but Salita admits he's 'not so sure' that will be the case. 

Failing that however, he would like for Wallin to be fairly compensated because that would be 'the right thing to do'. 

Salita said: "All I ask for is a: reschedule the fight and b: a medical assessment to see how long Dillian Whyte is going to be out for.

"None of that has been respected so far. I hope the WBC makes things right and sets the right precedent.

"Are we the Wild West or are we an organised sport? I’m hopeful that we can get this rescheduled, but reading between the lines I'm not so sure.

“For sure it would be decent of Eddie to offer Wallin a decent and legitimate opportunity if it’s not rescheduled, that would be appropriate and the right thing to do.

"At the very least it would be right to give Otto an opportunity for a decent purse. It would be very interesting if we were offered the winner of Tyson Fury versus Whyte if that is made.”

READ MORE: Tyson Fury's promoter says the Gypsy King is 'unbelievable' and will 'do a job' on Dillian Whyte

MORE: Canelo Alvarez warned not to underestimate Caleb Plant as the American is a 'very good fighter'

News Now - Sport News