Valorant is preparing to alter its focus towards Episode 4 Act 1 and players are already beginning to get excited about what can be expected.
With the gaming community making the most of Episode 3 Act 3, which was released on Thursday 4th November 2021, Riot Games is already working on what could come next on their free-to-play action-packed hero shooter.
Players participate as heroes – that are designed in several countries and cultures around the world, assigned to either an attacking or defending side in teams of five combatants.
Unique abilities can be activated through kills, deaths or spike actions to get the better of the enemy during battles, with every player starting off with a “classic” pistol with weapons scattered across the map.
With new content on the horizon, information is limited at this stage and we will provide updates once more details are unveiled.
Here is everything you need to know about Valorant Episode 4 Act 1:
UPDATE 8th January 2022: Riot Games has confirmed all of the details regarding the Episode 4 Act 1 Battlepass.
UPDATE 30th November: The release date for the Patch has been leaked!
UPDATE 22nd November: Riot are reportedly working on a new Initiator Agent that could appear in Episode 4 Act 1.
Valorant Episode 4 Act 1 is currently scheduled to start on Tuesday 11th January 2022.
This date is tentative at this point and may well change.
Information regarding the Battle Pass for Episode 4 Act 1 has not yet been revealed, however, we will update here when more information is available.
UPDATE 4th January 2022: Here’s everything you need to know about the new Agent Neon!
According to recent leaks, Episode 4 Act 1 will be commencing on 11th January 2022, with Act 2 set to begin on March 1st 2022.
It was also leaked that Act 3 will be starting on April 26th 2022, but these dates are tentative and may be changed by Riot once the Acts are up and running dependent on development time.
Here are the full Patch Notes for Valorant Episode 4 Act 1:
Muted Words List added to the settings
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game
- We admit that some players are often smarter than our automated bad word detection system and continually find creative ways to type things we don’t want to in chat. This is why we need your help to make our detections better! Help us, help you 🙂
- For example: Let’s say “Riot” is a bad word (scary, I know). Our detection may catch the word “Riot” as one that should be blocked and penalized, but there’s a variety of different ways to spell Riot that we may not be catching: R!ot, R!0t, Ri0t, etc.
- And no, you won’t get “League of Legends” banned from chat
- We’re hoping that we can leverage the lists that you and others create to make the chat less toxic by comparing them across regions, and using the data we collect to improve our own detections of bad words. Thanks in advance for all that are willing to lend a hand. Let’s make VALORANT a better place for everyone!
- Price increased from 1550 >>> 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 >>> .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 >>> .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% >>> 25%
MELEE (but for real this time)
- The melee’s been too tricky to aim with, making it tough to rely on. So we’ve updated both left and right click melee attacks for more reliable Agent-whacking action.
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden
- Thanks to TowerofShadow for the report
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport