What the papers say: December 2
- Arsenal are ready to battle Juventus for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao.
- Kieran Gibbs has become the latest player to put his name forward for selection for Team GB's Olympic team
- Crystal Palace pair Nathaniel Clyne and Wilfried Zaha were both watched by a string of scouts from Barclays Premier League clubs during the 2-1 Carling Cup win over Manchester United.
- Ambitious Chinese club Guangzhou R&F want to sign John Carew and Carlton Cole from West Ham.
- Dimitar Berbatov could be the most high-profile casualty as Sir Alex Ferguson takes the axe to his Carling Cup flops.
- Aston Villa are closing in on Portugal striker Yannick Djalo.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain insists he is in no hurry to fast-track his first-team career at Arsenal.
- Liverpool are poised to step up their scouting of FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer.
- Blackburn owners Venky's have approached the likes of Akon, Kelly Rowland and David Guetta regarding a proposed free summer concert at Ewood Park.
- Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is hoping his players will pay the biggest tribute they can to Gary Speed with a victory over Chelsea on Saturday.
- David Beckham is still contemplating his future after his contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy expires.
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs is in line for another 12-month contract — if he decides to play on.
- Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers have joined Fulham in the race for Marseille striker Andre Pierre Gignac.
- Corinthians say they are back in the hunt to sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms