What the papers say: December 16
- Chelsea are ramping up their interest in Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
- Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has admitted he may lose Cheick Tiote in the January transfer window - Chelsea and Arsenal are rumoured to be interested.
- Arsenal will watch Germany striker Lukas Podolski on Friday night as Arsene Wenger weighs up a £15m January move.
- Tottenham have joined the race for AZ Alkmaar's young striker Rasmus Elm.
- Wayne Rooney is adamant Manchester United do want to win the Europa League.
- Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has warned Chelsea that it will take an Andy Carroll-sized transfer fee for them to lure Cheick Tiote away from St James’ Park.
- The John Terry race row has reportedly taken a fresh twist after police were handed new video evidence of the Chelsea defender’s alleged racial abuse of Anton Ferdinand.
- Harry Redknapp risked disciplinary action by responding angrily to chants from Shamrock Rovers fans.
- Mario Balotelli and Manchester City team-mate Micah Richards had to be pulled apart after a row in training.
- Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas says he will wait for Fernando Torres to rediscover his scoring form.
- Manchester United will refuse point blank any offer for Antonio Valencia in the January transfer window.
- West Ham manager Sam Allardyce believes the club will make a big mistake if they sell highly-rated defender James Tomkins to Newcastle in January.
- Wigan boss Roberto Martinez want to sign France defender Michael Ciani on loan from Bordeaux.
- Luis Suarez should finally learn his fate today over race row allegations.
- Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin wants a loan spell with Joe Cole's Lille.
- Stoke are lining up a shock £1million bid for Crawley striker Tyrone Barnett.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms