Overwatch gets consistent patch updates for the Retail version of the game nearly every month, and 2022 looks to be no different.
The huge eSport title still has a massive player base despite being released over half a decade ago.
The consistent updates and changes to the game are part of the reason that the game still has an active community and is still a thriving eSport.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Overwatch Retail Patch Notes for January 2022:
Patch Notes (January 2022)
Here are the official Patch Notes for Overwatch in January 2022:
A new patch is now live on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and
Nintendo Switch. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit the Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit the Technical Support forum.
SEASONAL EVENT: LUNAR NEW YEAR 2022
Seasonal Event: LUNAR 2022 – YEAR OF THE TIGER
- We’re celebrating Lunar New Year with luminous new seasonal items, including legendary skins Nezha Tracer and Seolbim Mercy! Additionally, this event launches the fifth competitive season of Capture the Flag, and the Bounty Hunter mode has returned!
- Previously, if a teammate died over a death pit their resurrect marker was hidden and fell into the pit. Now, Mercy will see their resurrect marker and can resurrect before it falls to the bottom.
- Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die over environmental death pits
- When resurrecting, the resurrect marker will now freeze in place for the duration of the resurrection
- Holding the ability button for resurrect while it’s on cooldown will now attempt the resurrect once the cooldown finishes
- Fixed an issue where Season 32 open queue stats were not appearing in career profile
- Addressed a geometry exploit on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s Scope to activate when cancelling Nano Boost target confirmation
- Fixed a bug that caused the parrot on Ana’s Corsair skin to disappear in hero select
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s name plate to appear in the middle of her model
- Addressed an audio issue during Symmetra’s “Have a seat” emote
Latest Update (December 2021)
Here are the full patch notes from the December 2021 Retail Patch as part of the Winter Wonderland event:
SEASONAL EVENT: WINTER WONDERLAND 2021
- Winter Wonderland returns with some festive favourites! Unwrap new cosmetics, earn weekly rewards, and frolic in the snow with our winter brawls!
- ‘Tis the season with Winter Loot Boxes. Unlock new seasonal items–including legendary skins like Snowman Wrecking Ball, Ice Wraith Genji, and Sleighing D.Va–along with other merry items.
- Learn more about Winter Wonderland on playoverwatch.com.
COMPETITIVE: NO LIMITS – SEASON 2
Season 2 of Competitive No Limits has begun!
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to get stuck in Hero Select after a point has been captured
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to lose sound in the client when switching audio devices
- Fixed a bug that inhibited some players from re-entering voice chat
- Addressed a geometry exploit on Numbani. The map is now re-enabled for play in Competitive and Quickplay.
- Addressed a geometry exploit on Watchpoint: Gibraltar. The map is now re-enabled for play in Competitive and Quickplay.
Voice Chat Change – Volume Boost
- This feature is being temporarily disabled and delayed to a future patch.
- Our voice chat now runs through our audio system, resulting in higher volume
- This comes along with new default values: “Voice Chat Volume” Voice Chat Mic Volume” both set to 80
- You may need to adjust to your liking under “Sound Options”
- We are also investigating an issue causing voice chat to not work for some players
You can find all of the latest gaming news right here at GiveMeSport.