What the papers say: January 6
- Liverpool and Manchester City are facing a showdown over Birmingham’s highly rated Nathan Redmond.
- Arsenal's attempt to seal Thierry Henry’s loan return to the club has left manager Arsene Wenger’s preparations for the FA Cup tie against Leeds in limbo.
- Sir Alex Ferguson is considering a sensational move for unsettled Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard.
- Tottenham are ready to rival Chelsea for Juventus and Serbia winger Milos Krasic.
- Newcastle have had an improved £4million bid for West Ham defender James Tomkins rejected.
- Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder has refused to rule out joining Manchester United.
- Liverpool officials are to request top-level talks with their Manchester United counterparts, in an attempt to defuse tensions before the two clubs meet at Old Trafford on 11 February.
- Owen Coyle has told Chelsea that Gary Cahill is theirs to lose — despite interest from other clubs.
- Arsenal are hoping to complete Thierry Henry's loan signing by this morning — otherwise he will not play against Leeds.News Now - Sport News