League of Legends update 12.2 has arrived and we have all of the details that you’ll need to know regarding this upcoming patch.
This is the second in-game adaptation that Riot Games will be making in 2022 and follows just two weeks following the release of 12.1, which provided only a minor update in comparison to previous versions.
Champions such as Diana and Gangplank were the emphasis of the buffs that took place last time out, with Sona and Rek’Sai getting nerfed. Along with this, Teleport was adjusted and several system nerfs also took place.
With this in mind, it will be interesting to see how significant update 12.2 is when it arrives, and what changes Riot will have made.
Scroll down to find out everything you need to know regarding League of Legends update 12.2.
League of Legends 12.2 Patch Notes
(Credit: Riot Games)
Via Riot Games, here are the official patch notes for update 12.2:
Click here to find out all of her special abilities, bio and insights.
- MOVE SPEED 315 ⇒ 330
- BASE AD 46-71.5 ⇒ 52-103
- AD GROWTH 1.5 ⇒ 3
- BASIC ATTACK RANGE 550 ⇒ 500
PASSIVE – TAILWIND
- UPDATED – TAILWIND Janna gains 8% bonus move speed only while moving toward allied champions. (Bonus move speed for allied champions moving towards Janna unchanged.)
- REMOVED – FAST & FURIOUS Janna’s basic attacks and W – Zephyr no longer deal bonus magic damage based on her bonus move speed
Q – HOWLING GALE
- COST 60/90/100/120/140 mana ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100 mana
- MINIMUM RANGE 1000 ⇒ 1100
- MAXIMUM RANGE 1750 ⇒ 1760
- TIME TO DESTINATION 1.5 seconds ⇒ 1.25 seconds
W – ZEPHYR
- RANGE 550 (from edge to edge) ⇒ 650 (centered)
- SLOW DURATION 2 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- COOLDOWN 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds at all ranks
- BASE DAMAGE 55/85/115/145/175 ⇒ 70/100/130/160/190
- BONUS MOVE SPEED 6/7/8/9/10% ⇒ 8/9/10/11/12%
E – EYE OF THE STORM
- UPDATED – A FRIENDLY FORECAST Innate – Whenever Janna’s abilities slow or knock up at least one enemy champion, E – Eye of the Storm’s cooldown is reduced by 20% ⇒ she receives +20% heal and shield power for 5 seconds
- SHIELD 80/115/150/185/220 (+70% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+65% AP)
- COOLDOWN 16/15/14/13/12 seconds ⇒ 15/13.5/12/10.5/9 seconds
- SHIELD DECAY STARTS AFTER 0.75 seconds ⇒ 1.25 seconds
- W cooldown increased.
W – WHIMSY
- COOLDOWN 16/15/14/13/12 seconds ⇒ 17/16/15/14/13 seconds
- Health growth increased.
- Q damage ratio increased.
- HEALTH GROWTH 85 >> 95
Q – DUSKBRINGER
- BONUS AD RATIO 75% ⇒ 85%
- Base health regen decreased
- Brush Q zone duration decreased.
- BASE HEALTH REGENERATION 7.5 ⇒ 6
Q – EDGE OF IXTAL
- GRASS TRAIL ZONE DURATION 3.5 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- R passive now enables leaping from camouflage.
[NEW] R – THRILL OF THE HUNT
- HIDE AND LEAP Innate – Rengar can leap to enemies with his next basic attack when he is in camouflage
- R base damage increased.
R – INFERNO TRIGGER
- PHYSICAL DAMAGE PER SHOT 0/10/20 (+50% AD) ⇒ 5/15/25 (+50% AD)
- TOTAL DAMAGE PER TARGET 0/100/200 (+500% AD) ⇒ 50/150/250 (+500% AD)
- Q now slows enemies.
Q – PIERCING DARKNESS
- NEW – LOW VISIBILITY Now slows all enemies struck by 20% (+6% per 100 AP) (+10% per 100 bonus AD) for 2 seconds
- Q damage decreased.
Q – TWILIGHT ASSAULT
- INCREASED BONUS DAMAGE 10-40 (+6 every 3 levels) (+5/5.5/6/6.5/7% (+2% per 100 AP) of target’s max health) ⇒ 10-40 (+6 every 3 levels) (+4/4.5/5/5.5/6% (+2% per 100 AP) of target’s max health)
- Q slow increased.
- E adjusted; damage stored as grey health decreased
- R ally shield increased; now grants move speed upon devouring ally.
Q – TONGUE LASH
- ENEMY SLOW 40% ⇒ 50%
E – THICK SKIN
- AMOUNT OF DAMAGE STORED INTO GREY HEALTH 45/50/55/60/65% ⇒ 15/25/35/45/55%, increased to 45/50/55/60/65% if there are 2 or more visible enemy champions nearby (dead or alive)
- AMOUNT OF HEALING RESTORED FROM GREY HEALTH 30-100% (levels 1-18) ⇒ 45-100% (levels 1-18)
R – DEVOUR
- ALLY SHIELD UPON DEVOUR 400/500/600 (+100% AP) ⇒ 500/700/900 (+150% AP)
- MOVE SPEED UPON DEVOURING ALLY Slows Tahm Kench by 30/20/10% while ally is swallowed ⇒ Grants Tahm Kench 40% move speed for 3 seconds (regardless of swallow duration)
- W monster damage ratio decreased.
W – RAKE
- DAMAGE AGAINST MONSTERS 130% ⇒ 105%
- Base health and health regen increased.
- BASE HEALTH 559 ⇒ 600
- BASE HEALTH REGENERATION 3.75 ⇒ 4
- Q cooldown decreased; stacks from large monsters and minions increased.
Q – BALEFUL STRIKE
- COOLDOWN 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds ⇒ 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
- STACKS GRANTED UPON KILLING LARGE MONSTERS AND MINIONS 2 ⇒ 3
- Base AD growth increased
- E cooldown decreased.
- ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH 3 ⇒ 3.5
E – SKY SPLITTER
- COOLDOWN 15 seconds ⇒ 13 seconds
Q damage ratio increased.
Q – STEEL TEMPEST
- DAMAGE 20/45/70/95/120 (+100% AD) ⇒ 20/45/70/95/120 (+105% AD)
Q damage ratio increased.
Q – MORTAL STEEL
- DAMAGE 20/40/60/80/100 (+100% AD) ⇒ 20/40/60/80/100 (+105% AD)
- R base damage ratio decreased.
R – DEATH MARK
- DAMAGE 100% AD (+25/40/55% of damage dealt against marked target) ⇒ 65% AD (+25/40/55% of damage dealt against marked target)
- BUILD PATH Blasting Wand + Aether Wisp + Sheen + 600g ⇒ Fiendish Codex + Aether Wisp + Sheen + 550g (total cost unchanged)
- ABILITY HASTE 0 ⇒ 15
- SPELLBLADE DAMAGE 150% base AD (+40% AP) ⇒ 75% base AD (+50% AP)
- SPELLBLADE COOLDOWN 2.5 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
RYLAI’S CRYSTAL SCEPTER
- COMBINE COST815 gold ⇒ 415 gold (total cost equally reduced)
- ABILITY POWER 90 ⇒ 75
- HEALTH 350 ⇒ 400
REFUEL (PASSIVE) DAMAGE STACKS Gain 5 stacks per instance of any damage dealt ⇒ per instance of damage dealt against monsters and champions only
REFUEL (PASSIVE) MOVEMENT STACKS Gain 1 stack for every 15 units travelled, (uncapped) ⇒ capped at up to 10 stacks per movement command
- ZOMBIE HEALTH 80% base health + 50% bonus health ⇒ 70% base health + 40% bonus health
- ZOMBIE DURATION (WITHOUT OTHER HEALTH IMPACTING FACTORS) 4 seconds ⇒ 3 seconds
- OFFENSIVE ACTION CAMOUFLAGE TIMER 1.5 seconds* ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- BONUS DAMAGE VS ENEMIES WITH MORE CURRENT HEALTH Up to 10% ⇒ Up to 12%
- CHAIN LIGHTNING TRUE DAMAGE 25-75 (based on attacker’s level, 1-18) ⇒ 25-50 (based on attacker’s level, 1-18)
- ATTACK SPEED PER STACK (MELEE) 13% ⇒ 10-15% (levels 1-15)
- ATTACK SPEED PER STACK (RANGED) 7% ⇒ 5-9% (levels 1-12)
- FIRST STRIKE COOLDOWN 25-15 seconds (based on level) ⇒ 15-9 seconds (based on level)
- ARURF GLACIAL AUGMENT COOLDOWN 25 seconds ⇒ 15 seconds
- ARAM: Champion damage dealt to minions has been restored to 100%. (This was reduced to 75% in a previously undocumented change in patch 11.24.)
- Fixed a bug where Teleport could sometimes still target certain units other than towers before 14 minutes
- Fixed a bug where Unleashed Teleport would permanently replace one of your Summoner Spells if acquired and used via the Unsealed Spellbook rune
- Champions will now correctly drop Unleashed Teleport spell shards if used after 14 minutes into a game with Zoe
- Fixed a bug where Yone could sometimes cast Unleashed Teleport while his E – Soul Unbound was active
- The exclamation point stealth indicator has been fixed and will correctly reappear above your champion if you are visible to an enemy inside the Chemtech Fog after completing certain stealthing abilities (such as Akali’s W – Twilight Shroud)
- Fixed a bug where towers would incorrectly target enemy champions who took damage from Kog’Maw’s Passive – Icathian Surprise or Karthus’s Passive – Death Defied
- Rengar’s Passive – Unseen Predator leap basic attacks will correctly trigger Navori Quickblades’ Deft Strikes effect
- Fixed a bug where taking damage from certain jungle monsters would sometimes incorrectly grant stacks toward Force of Nature’s Absorb passive
- Fixed a bug where triggering Glacial Augment’s passive would incorrectly count toward triggering Eclipse’s Ever Rising Moon passive
- Fixed a bug where Mythic or active item icon borders would sometimes appear in incorrect locations. (Yes, the mysterious orange squares…)
- Enemy player chat and emote mute toggle buttons have been fixed and will no longer overlap with other icons in the scoreboard
- DJ Sona and K/DA Seraphine’s in-game music mute toggle buttons have been fixed and will display correctly next to their champion icon in the scoreboard every game
- Chat restriction notifications have been fixed and will once again inform players how many messages they have left in their limit
Click on the links below to view all of the League of Legends updates that have been added in 2022:
You can find all of the latest League of Legends News and everything Gaming related right here at GiveMeSport.