Norwich boss Paul Lambert says he expects a deal for Leeds’ Jonny Howson to be completed on Friday.
Norwich had a £2 million bid for Howson, who only has six months left on his current deal at Elland Road, accepted earlier this week , and is expected to finalise the move ahead of the Canaries clash with Chelsea at Carrow Road on Saturday.
The Mirror report that Howson was undergoing a medical on Friday morning and finalising personal terms ahead of a switch to the Barclays Premier League club.
Lambert confirmed the deal was close to being done, and added he didn’t envisage the fact the Howson has been sidelined since December with a knee complaint being an problem.
“You never quite know until someone signs but I'm pretty sure it's nearly there. We know the extent of the injury and there are no worries about it," Lambert said.
“He's been brilliant for Leeds and we need a goalscoring midfielder. If everything goes well he'll be great for us. His rehab is going very well and he is not far away (from playing)."
Howson has expressed a desire to play top-flight football and turned down a new deal to stay at Elland Road in November, forcing the Npower Championship club to accept an offer now rather then let him walk away for free in the summer.
Norwich have confounded expectations this season and moved up to ninth in the Barclays Premier League on the back of wins against QPR and West Brom in recent weeks.
Lambert has previously insisted he wouldn't be making any new signings during the January window, but has been a long term admirer of Howson's abilities.
The 23-year-old has featured prominently so far this season as Leeds push for promotion back to the Premier League, with news of his impending departure causing outrage among the Elland Road faithful.
Howson has made 225 appearances since graduating from the Whites famed youth academy in 2006.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms