League of Legends update 12.3 has arrived and we have all of the details that you need to know regarding Riot Games’ latest patch.
This is the third in-game adaptation that the developers will have implemented and more changes are expected to be made to improve gameplay and Champion balancing.
The Chemtech Drake had been a hot topic of conversation due to the ‘overpowered’ nature of it, with many gamers offering their feedback to Riot.
Many players said that the drake was “broken”, mostly due to the map change and because of the soul.
In 12.2, we saw Zeri introduced as the newest Champion and the Chemtech Drake significantly nerfed, along with an array of bug fixes that dealt with various issues.
While we may be jumping the gun a bit here, scroll down to find out everything we know so far about League of Legends update 12.3.
League of Legends Update 12.3 Patch Notes
VIa League of Legends’ official website, here are the patch notes for 12.3:
- Champion refreshed. Base stats and all skills updated.
- HEALTH GROWTH 92 ⇒ 82
- HEALTH 526-2090 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 500-1894 (levels 1-18)
- BASE HEALTH REGENERATION 5.5 ⇒ 2.5
- ARMOR 21-80.5 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 18-77.5 (levels 1-18)
PASSIVE – ESSENCE THEFT (Updated)
Q – ORB OF DECEPTION
- DAMAGE PER PASS 40/65/90/115/140 (+35% AP) ⇒ 40/65/90/115/140 (+40% AP)
- MANA COST 65/70/75/80/85 ⇒ 60/70/80/90/100
W – FOX-FIRE
- DAMAGE 40/65/90/115/140 (+30% AP) ⇒ 60/85/110/135/160 (+30% AP)
- MANA COST 40 ⇒ 25
- FLAME DURATION 5 seconds ⇒ 2.5 seconds
- BONUS MOVE SPEED DURATION 1.5 seconds ⇒ 2 seconds
- UPDATEDHEAT-SEEKING Updated missile targeting and last-hitting logic
E – CHARM
- DAMAGE 60/90/120/150/180 (+40% AP) ⇒ 80/110/140/170/200 (+60% AP)
- MANA COST 70 ⇒ 50
- [REMOVED] ENTRANCED Ahri’s abilities no longer deal bonus damage to enemies hit by Charm
R – SPIRIT RUSH
- INITIAL DURATION 10 seconds ⇒ 15 seconds
- [NEW] A SPIRITED CHASE Consuming a champion’s Essence with Essence Theft while Spirit Rush is active extends Spirit Rush’s recast duration by and up to 10 seconds, and grants an additional cast of Spirit Rush (up to 3 casts stored)
VFX & SFX UPDATES
- PASSIVE – ESSENCE THEFT VFX and SFX have been updated for all skins
- W – FOX-FIRE Cleaned up VFX and enhanced missile movement
- R – SPIRIT RUSH Cleaned up VFX and added new ammo bar icons to indicate number of stored Spirit Rush casts
- Passive damage decreased.
PASSIVE – DIRTY FIGHTING
- BONUS MOVE SPEED UPON CANCELING SECOND SHOT 35-75 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 20-75 (levels 1-18)
- THREE-STACK BONUS MAGIC DAMAGE 20-175 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 10-165 (levels 1-18)
- Base armor decreased. E passive’s damage reduction now capped per instance.
- ARMOR GROWTH 3.5 ⇒ 3
- ARMOR 30-89.5 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 30-81 (levels 1-18)
E – TANTRUM
- MAXIMUM PASSIVE DAMAGE REDUCTION Up to 100% per instance of physical damage ⇒ Capped at 50% per instance of physical damage
- QoL changes on passive and R
PASSIVE – BLAZE
- [UPDATED] BLAZE IT Mana refund upon killing an enemy now also occurs if Brand’s ability last hits a target that was not already Ablaze
R – PYROCLASM
- [UPDATED] PYROMANIA Pyroclasm’s fireball now prioritizes bouncing to nearby enemies before bouncing back to Brand at full range. Pyroclasm will still prioritize bouncing to enemy champions first (before minions or monsters), regardless of range.
- AD growth decreased. Q damage reduced.
- AD GROWTH 3.8 ⇒ 3.4
- ATTACK DAMAGE 62-126.6 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 62-119.8 (levels 1-18)
Q – PILTOVER PEACEMAKER
- DAMAGE AGAINST SECONDARY ENEMIES 60% ⇒ 50%
- Fixed a bug where Caitlyn’s ult would incorrectly get a cooldown refund if she was feared during its cast
- First package delayed and restock cooldown increased.
PASSIVE – HEXTECH MUNITIONS
- FIRST PACKAGE ARRIVES AFTER 8 minutes ⇒ 10 minutes
- PACKAGES RESTOCK EVERY 4 minutes ⇒ 5 minutes
- W damage decreased late.
W – DISTORTION
- BASE DAMAGE 75/115/155/195/235 ⇒ 75/110/145/180/215
- R sleep duration increased early.
R – LILTING LULLABY
- SLEEP DURATION 1.5/2/2.5 seconds ⇒ 2/2.25/2.5 seconds
- Passive initial bonus move speed increased and now decays over duration. E on-hit base damage reduced.
PASSIVE – SURGING TIDES
- [UPDATED] BONUS MOVE SPEED 45 (+20% AP) for 1.5 seconds ⇒ 90 (+20% AP), decaying over 1.5 seconds
E – TIDECALLER’S BLESSING
- ON-HIT DAMAGE (PER HIT) 25/40/55/70/85 (+20% AP) ⇒ 20/35/50/65/80 (+20% AP)
- W passive attack speed bonus increased early. R damage ratio increased.
W – HEIGHTENED SENSES
- BONUS ATTACK SPEED 20/30/40/50/60% ⇒ 28/36/44/52/60%
R – SKYSTRIKE
- FLURRY DAMAGE 40% AD ⇒ 70% AD
- Passive soul drop rate for Senna’s farm reduced.
PASSIVE – ABSOLUTION
- [UPDATED] QUICK MATHS Minions and lesser monsters that Senna kills have a 10% chance ⇒ 2.7777% chance to spawn a Mist Wraith (all else unchanged)
- Q damage ratio increased; base damage decreased late. E bonus attack speed decreased early.
Q – WILD CARDS
- MAGIC DAMAGE 60/105/150/195/240 (+65% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% AP)
E – STACKED DECK
- BONUS ATTACK SPEED 20/25/30/35/40% ⇒ 10/17.5/25/32.5/40%
- Base move speed reduced. Fully charged basic attack damage decreased. R chain lightning damage decreased and can now critically strike.
- MOVE SPEED 330 ⇒ 325
- FULL CHARGE DAMAGE BASED ON TARGET’S MAX HEALTH 3-20% (based on level) ⇒ 3-15% (based on level)
R – LIGHTNING CRASH
CHAIN LIGHTNING MAGIC DAMAGE 10/20/30 (+15% AP) ⇒ 10/15/20 (+15% AP)
[NEW] STATIC SHOCK Chain lightning magic damage can now critically strike
- Zeri’s E – Spark Surge will correctly vault over Trundle’s E – Pillar of Ice and glide over Anivia’s W – Crystallize wall instead of dashing through them
- Fixed a bug where Zeri’s Q – Burst Fire would not trigger Runaan’s Hurricane’s on-hit effect if she was facing away from the target when her rounds hit
- Fixed a bug where several of Zeri’s VFX would not display correctly upon reconnecting to the game
- BUILD PATH Sheen + Phage + Kindlegem + 700 gold ⇒ Sheen + Caulfield’s Warhammer + Kindlegem + 700 gold
- HEALTH 400 ⇒ 300
- ATTACK DAMAGE 35 ⇒ 40
Deicide (Ornn Masterwork Item)
- HEALTH 550 ⇒ 450
- ATTACK DAMAGE 55 ⇒ 60
- BUILD PATH Ironspike Whip + Phage + Kindlegem + 300 gold ⇒ Ironspike Whip + Caulfield’s Warhammer + Kindlegem + 300 gold
- HEALTH 450 ⇒ 300
- ATTACK DAMAGE 45 ⇒ 55
Ceaseless Hunger (Ornn Masterwork Item)
- HEALTH 600 ⇒ 450
- ATTACK DAMAGE 60 ⇒ 70
- HEALTH 200 ⇒ 300
- [UPDATED] THREEFOLD STRIKE (ON CHAMPIONS OR STRUCTURES) from +6% base AD per stack, up to 5 times for +30% ⇒ to +4% base AD per stack, up to 5 times for +20% (also applies to Infinity Force)
Infinity Force (Ornn Masterwork Item)
- HEALTH 300 ⇒ 400
- TOTAL COST 3100 gold ⇒ 3300 gold
- [UPDATED] IGNORE PAIN (PASSIVE) Stores [35% for melee/15% for ranged] of post-mitigation physical damage received ⇒ [30% for melee/10% for ranged] of all types of post-mitigation damage received, (not including true damage), which is successively taken as true damage over 3 seconds instead. Now also applies to damage on shields
- [UPDATED] DEFY (PASSIVE) Heal for 15% maximum health upon scoring a kill or assist ⇒ 175% bonus AD if a champion dies within 3 seconds after you’ve dealt damage to them. (all else unchanged)
- ATTACK DAMAGE 50 ⇒ 0
- [NEW] THE CLAWS THAT CATCH (PASSIVE) Gain 40% of your base AD as bonus AD
- [REMOVED] BLOODLUST (PASSIVE) After dealing damage to or taking damage from an enemy champion, heal for a portion of your maximum health over 6 seconds
- [UPDATED] LIFELINE (PASSIVE) If you take damage that would reduce you below 30% of your maximum health, gain a shield that absorbs 100 (+[8% for melee/4.8% for ranged] of your maximum health) per stack of Bloodlust) for 4 seconds ⇒ equal to 75% of your bonus health that decays over 3.75 seconds
Maw of Malmortius
- ATTACK DAMAGE 50 ⇒ 55
- ABILITY HASTE 15 ⇒ 20
- SHIELD 200 (+20% maximum health) ⇒ 200 (+[225% for melee/168.75% for ranged] bonus AD)
- [UPDATED] LIFELINE (PASSIVE) When Lifeline is activated, gain 12% omnivamp until the end of combat (i.e. have not dealt or taken damage for at least 3 seconds)
Blade of the Ruined King
- TOTAL COST 3200 gold ⇒ 3300 gold
- [UPDATED] MIST’S EDGE (PASSIVE) Basic attacks deal [10% for melee/6% for ranged] of target’s current health ⇒ [12% for melee/8% for ranged] of target’s current health as physical damage (all else unchanged)
- HEALTH 450 ⇒ 350
- ATTACK DAMAGE 40 ⇒ 45
- ABILITY HASTE 25 ⇒ 30
- ATTACK DAMAGE 65 ⇒ 70
- TOTAL COST 1100 gold ⇒ 1000 gold
- COMBINE COST 450 gold ⇒ 350 gold
- ATTACK DAMAGE 20 ⇒ 25
- [UPDATED] REFUEL (PASSIVE) STACKS Gain 5 stacks per instance of damage dealt against champions and large monsters, and 1 stack for every 15 units travelled ⇒ damage taken from champions and large monsters, and 1 stack for every 25 units travelled (still capped at up to 10 stacks for dashes and blinks)
- [UPDATED] REFUEL (PASSIVE) BONUS DAMAGE At 100 stacks, your next basic attack deals magic damage to all nearby enemies, increased by 25% against minions and 175% against monsters ⇒ increased by 30% against minions and 200% against monsters
- Hextech Gates: Champions will now both visually and mechanically move along the Hextech Gates’ travel paths rather than immediately teleporting to their destination gate. This also means that active champion effects (such as Kennen’s R – Slicing Maelstrom) will travel along with and apply their effects around the champion’s travelling indicator.
- Fixed a bug where Kled’s W – Violent Tendencies’ fourth attack would not deal its bonus damage if the ability was learned during a basic attack
- Fixed a bug where Runaan’s Hurricane would not proc correctly with Ezreal’s Q – Mystic Shot after a certain range
- Fixed a bug where killing an enemy champion with The Collector would grant Samira an extra Style stack
- Fixed a bug where the Charm icon would not appear in champion buff/debuff bars
- Fixed a bug where Kled’s Courage bar would display incorrect values upon losing Skaarl
- Fixed a bug where resource bars (like Energy or Rage bars) would sometimes get visually stuck when changing window display modes
- Varus’s Q – Piercing Arrow cancellation VFX has been restored on all skins
- Fixed a bug where Talon’s blades would briefly disappear for a frame during his R – Shadow Assault’s VFX
- Base Darius and Base Amumu’s voiceovers have been remastered for clarity
- Fixed Battlecast Skarner’s sound effects to play correctly when he marks a minion with Crystal Venom using his E – Fracture and when he gains Crystal Charge upon triggering Crystal Venom
- The in-game FPS indicator’s update rate has been reverted for smoother reporting
- Fixed a bug where players would be able to select multiple roles in Summoner’s Rift lobbies with 5 players
- Fixed a bug where pressing the ESC key would not close the role selector in game lobbies
Click on any of the links below to view all of the patches that have been added to League of Legends in 2022 so far:
You can find all of the latest League of Legends News and everything Gaming related right here at GiveMeSport.