Sao Paulo have denied they have reached an agreement with Inter Milan over the sale of Lucas Moura.
Reports this week have suggested Inter have had a bid of around €27 million accepted by Sao Paulo, something which flies in the face of claims by the club that they will hold out for an offer well in excess of €35 million before they consider selling their most-prized asset.
The 19-year-old was the subject of a sizeable bid from Manchester earlier this summer, believed to be worth around £26 million, which was rejected by the Brazilian club.
Real Madrid, Chelsea and Inter have all been linked with the talented winger, currently on duty with Brazil at the Olympics, in the past but Sao Paulo appear in no rush to sell, with possible contract talks between the talented youngster and the Brazilian outfit this summer.
Speaking out about the rumours linking Moura with Inter, Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes denied a deal had been done, and said Manchester United have been the only club they have negotiated with so far.
"I'm not aware of this information. I was with [Sao Paulo president] Juvenal Juvencio on Wednesday and Thursday," he told Lancenet.
He added: "We only negotiated with Manchester United, but their offer was not good enough."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms