- Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed he will never join Manchester City while Sir Alex Ferguson is still boss at United - but has left the door open to a future move to the Etihad Stadium.
- Alessandro Del Piero turned down a last-minute offer from Liverpool to join Sydney FC - the club's CEO claimed.
- Ashley Cole is ready to walk out on Chelsea after only being offered a derisory one-year deal to stay at the club.
- Arsenal failed with a summer bid for Anderlecht's Senegal midfielder Cheikhou Kouyate.
- Florent Malouda has become Chelsea's latest high-profile outcast, after being banned from any involvement with Roberto Di Matteo's first-team.
- Adam Johnson has been ruled out of England's World Cup 2014 qualifier against Moldova through injury.
- Andre Villas-Boas will let Jermain Jenas leave White Hart Lane on loan, to ensure the Tottenham midfielder has the opportunity of regular football.
- Manchester United are set to square up to arch rivals Manchester City in a bid to clip their wings using Financial Fair Play guidelines.
- Paul Scholes says he still fears the axe from Sir Alex Ferguson, even in his 19th year at Old Trafford.
- Sunderland striker Frazier Campbell is wanted on loan by Huddersfield Town and Hull City.
- Zenit St Petersburg are in a race against the clock to land £25million-rated Manhester United midfielder Nani, before the Russian deadline closes tonight.
- Brendan Rodgers is hoping to protect Liverpool's young starlet Raheem Sterling from too much exposure in the early stages of his Anfield career.
- Arsenal keeper Wojciech Szczesny has been warned to expect a battle for his place this season, from stand-in stopper Vito Mannone.
- Romelu Lukaku is ready to finally emerge from the shadow of Didier Drogba.
- Gary Cahill fears England will face a bumpy start to their World Cup qualifying campaign in Moldova on Friday.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms