After Zlatan Ibrahimovic completed his high-profile move from AC Milan to Paris Saint-Germain during the January transfer window, a canny French youngster decided to see if he could purchase the domain 'Zlatan.fr'.
To his great surprise, the URL requested was available and he instantly snapped it up for minimal fee. However, with little use for his domain the youngster in question is now offering Ibrahimovic the chance to have it for free. But there's a catch.
In a blog entry posted to Zlatan.fr, he describes how he has never had the intention of making a fortune from the domain, and has received several lucrative offers to sell it on.
What he is offering is the opportunity for Ibrahimovic to seize ownership without the need for lawyers, so long as the PSG star can perform one of his list of forfeits.
These include things relatively simple such as a signed PSG jersey, but go as far as challenging Ibrahimovic to a Taekwondo battle.
The hilarious list of challenges are listed below and, like every other football fan, GMF only hopes than Ibrahimovic sees the funny side and grants the boy his wish.
"- offer me a dedicated PSG jersey, with my name on it and the following quote : “After Zlatan, you really are the best !”
- stay at my place for a month. This way, all my life, I could say :”Ibra ? Sure, he used to sleep on my couch for a while.”
- offer me 3 lifetime season tickets, for two of my friends and I. Obviously, I’m talking about Official tribune tickets… don’t try to fool me with your crappy H Blue tribune tickets…
- win penalty kicks against me, at the Parc des Princes of course, so that you’re at home and have no excuse in case I win.
- beat me at Taekwondo. I’ve heard you’re not too bad at it. As I’ve never practiced that sport myself, I recommend you to choose this challenge.
- give me one of your hair lock as a gift. Samson’s strength came from his long hair. I think it works the same way with you. Then, I can make a key ring with it, which will bring me power for the rest of my life.
- beat me at FIFA13. You can choose the teams but, anyway trust me, there is no way you can make it.
- score a more-than-30-meter-backflip-goal in an official game. Just kidding… this is not realistic.
- let me slap you in the face, without saying a word… and in public obviously.
- offer a bare-chested dedicated photo of you to my girlfriend. Frankly, among all of those challenges, I have to confess it’s not my favorite. I’m getting fed up to see twinkles in her eyes when you take off your jersey at the end of a game.
- manage to have Neymar sign at PSG during the 2013 summer mercato.
- simply ask me to let you have this domain name for free… but face to face and – as a tribute to Guillaume – in French obviously.
Here you go my Zlatan. I can’t wait to know which challenge you will choose ! Don’t worry, you can try as many as you want !
But hurry up, it’s getting harder and harder to decline all the proposals I receive to buy the domain. You know, it’s the crisis… all those bucks start to make me crazy."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms