Real Madrid legend and director Emilio Butragueno believes Manchester United or any other club will have trouble trying to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from the Bernabeu in the summer.
Some reports have suggested Ronaldo could leave Real Madrid in the summer after a tumultuous season which has seen the Portuguese superstar admit he was 'sad' in Spain.
Ronaldo also set tongues wagging by suggesting he will see out the last two years of his contract at Madrid before considering his next move.
Despite maintaining his outstanding form throughout the season - he has 38 goals already - some suggest Ronaldo could be on his way back to Manchester United having left the club in 2009.
The latest reports claim Manchester United are working with Nike and Chevrolet, two of their sponsors, to generate the cash they require to get a deal done for the player they pocketed £80 million for three-and-a-half years ago.
Despite the speculation, Butragueno says Ronaldo, who scored on his first return back to Old Trafford last week to help knock Manchester United out of the Champions League, is happy to stay put.
"Cristiano is under contract and we are very happy with him," he said, speaking at a Manchester United Foundation event to launch a Red Devils' Legends match against Real Madrid on June 2.
"We are delighted he is at Madrid because he is a fantastic professional, and very ambitious in a positive way.
"His contribution to the team and the club has been amazing since he arrived.
"We are very grateful he came to us and are lucky he plays for Real Madrid."
The former Real Madrid player added of Ronaldo's sensational form: 'He scores a goal a game on average. This is incredible. I have been watching football since I was three and never saw anything like that.
'When Ronaldo is on the pitch, you know you are going to score. It is an incredible advantage.'
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms