Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott has admitted that he could leave Manchester City in the summer in order to get more regular first-team football.
The 30-year-old has started only 17 league games for City in a season which has seen him fall out of favour with boss Roberto Mancini.
The England international fears for his 2014 World Cup place if he doesn't get the opportunities to play and has admitted that his position will be resolved in the not to distant future.
He said to the Daily Star: "Sitting here now, if you'd asked that (his chances of making it to Brazil) last year then I'd have said, 'yeah, pretty good'.
"But you don't know. If i can play more regularly at club level then I think I'll be there.
"Towards the end of the season, I'll address that."
It has been a miserable campaign for Lescott who has seen himself move to fourth in the pecking order behind Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure and Matja Nastasic.
The former Everton man is currently away with the England squad preparing for a crunch match away at table-toppers Montenegro this Tuesday and played the full 90 minutes against San Marino on Friday.
However, Lescott has revealed he has been working hard to get his place back in the City defence but admitted he isn't currently thinking about his future.
"I tend to go in on days off," he added.
"The club staff tend to know. The kit lady puts my kit out all the time.
"But for now, I'm fully focused on England."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms