Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali has backed Fernando Alonso's claims the 2013 Ferrari is "getting worse" despite a podium finish at Silverstone.
In qualifying at the British circuit, only Alonso made into the final top 10 shootout, ending that session in 10th place. On Sunday, Alonso took advantage of the tyre chaos and safety cars to finish on the podium.
"We saw this weekend that the pace is not good enough," he said afterwards.
After qualifying Alonso had been even more vocal pointing towards what he described as a "trend" of backwards development from the Maranello factory.
"Fernando's analysis is one that I share," team boss Domenicali told the Italian newspaper La Stampa. "We have made the car worse.
"Now we need to analyse all the data to find the reasons for this step backwards, and make a solution.
"The drivers are in a difficult position psychologically, so it's important to reassure them," he added.
Domenicali also gave his backing to Felipe Massa who endured a fourth crash in 3 races in practice a Silverstone but recovered to claim a points finish on Sunday.
"He needs to feel the confidence of the team, so that everything can be perfect in the next races," said Domenicali. "Adding pressure serves neither the driver or the team."
Away from the drivers Domenicali was asked if the new 1.6L V6 turbo engine coming for next year could be adapted for Le Mans racing.
After Renault didn't rule out the possibility earlier in the week Domenicali too said the new engines may not just be used for F1.
"The new turbo engine for introduction in Formula 1 next year would allow some interesting projects.
"At the moment I cannot say more," he told Italian newspaper La Stampa.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://bit.ly/12evFlH
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.