David Haye and Tyson Fury have confirmed they are to meet in Manchester on September 28 in an all-British heavyweight bout on September 28.
“David Haye and Tyson Fury, both world-ranked, charismatic and dangerous, have agreed to a highly-anticipated domestic showdown on Saturday, 28 September at the Manchester Arena,” read the statement.
"It marks not only the biggest heavyweight encounter of 2013, but also the biggest fight staged in Britain for many years."
Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye publicly challenged Fury to agree to the bout via a video on Instagram, which showed him putting pen to paper on what he described as an agreement for the fight.
The 32-year-old on Monday claimed the unbeaten Fury was thinking about ducking the fight and taking on David Price’s conqueror Tony Thompson.
"I've just signed to fight Fury on Sep 28, let's hope he finally agrees (and signs today) and he doesn't keep delaying,” said on the post.
"Word around camp fire is Fury is looking to duck me and fight Tony 'The Tiger'. Let's hope they are just rumours ..."
Haye then filmed himself signing his part of the deal, hinting he had made concessions for to Fury in order for a deal to be agreed.
“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, what a beautiful sunny day it is,” he says.
"I'm happy because I'm about to sign a contract to fight Tyson Fury. We've re-jigged the contract so he's nice and happy. Here we go ... (signs contract) ... all done."
Haye’s tactics worked in the end as he will be taking on Fury in his first fight since beating Derek Chisora at West Ham United’s Upton Park last year.
The former undisputed cruiserweight champion, who has a record of 26-2, was scheduled to fight Manuel Charr in June but was forced to pull out because of an injury to his left hand.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms