New Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino has refuted claims midfielder Cesc Fabregas is set to join Premier League champions Manchester United.
The news comes as a blow to Manchester United boss David Moyes - who claimed on Thursday that talks were 'ongoing' to bring the former Arsenal star back to England.
Martino, who was speaking at his first press conference for his new side, said: "I'm not going to involve myself in the club's accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third.
"In other words, Fabregas will remain here."
Barcelona vice-chairman Josep Maria Bartomeu backed the Catalan giants' new manager, adding: "It's logical that we've had offers for Fabregas because he is a quality player, but he is not for sale."
Manchester United have had two bids rejected for Fabregas - with the highest offer believed to be in the region of £31million.
Moyes, who missed out on Thiago earlier this summer, may now have to switch his attention elsewhere - with Everton powerhouse Marouane Fellaini, Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye and Luka Modric of Real Madrid all said to be targets.
Former Everton manager Moyes will be particualy keen to add a midfielder to his ranks after seeing his side win just one of their first four pre-season games thus far.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms