Atletico Madrid have denied reports suggesting Liverpool have launched a £21.8 million bid for star striker, Diego Costa.
Atletico told Spanish paper AS on Thursday evening that they had not received any offers from Liverpool or any other club, and that Costa would be staying at the Vicente Calderón for the foreseeable future.
Reports emerged yesterday in the UK that Liverpool were lining up a move for the 24-year-old frontman, though he is not seen as a replacement for want-away striker, Luis Suarez.
Liverpool officials hope the big-money bid will help convince Suarez that the Anfield club's ambition matches the Uruguayan's, as rumours continue to link their star striker with a move to Arsenal.
Suarez has made it clear he wants to leave Brendan Rodgers' side and was the subject of a £40,000,001 bid from the Gunners last month.
Brazilian Costa, who scored 10 La Liga goals last season, signed for Atletico from Valladolid in 2010 and made his international debut in March.
Atletico's insistence that the player is not for sale at any price is somewhat of a surprise given that boss Diego Simeone had previously hinted he'd consider offers for the 24-year-old forward following the arrival of David Villa from Barcelona.
Rodgers, who is still on the look-out for reinforcements, has already stated he's only willing to consider players who would immediately improve the Liverpool starting XI.
"They have to be of the right quality, that's the bottom line," he told BBC Sport.
"We've got money to spend on getting that quality in, but if it's not available I won't waste it for the sake of bringing a player in."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms