Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino has refused to be drawn on speculation lining the Catalan club with a bid for Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Signing a new centre-back has become a priority for Barcelona this summer, and after missing out on PSG's Thiago Silva the Spanish champions have set their sights on landing Luiz.
Reports today claim they have lodged an official bid for the former Benfica man, who joined Chelsea in a deal worth around £21 million in 2011.
Speaking after Barcelona beat Thailand 7-1 in a pre-season friendly, Martino was coy when asked about a move for the Brazilian international.
“I am in Thailand, I do not know about negotiations which might be taking place,” he said.
The Argentinian was willing to speak more freely about the future of Cesc Fabregas, who has been the subject of two bids from Manchester United this summer.
“[Fabregas] continues to be with us, and he will stay with us this season,” Martino said.
Barcelona secured their second huge win in the last week against Thailand following their 8-1 victory over Brazilian side Santos on Friday.
Neymar scored his first goal for the Catalan club, while Messi bagged a brace and Pedro scored a hat-trick. Alexis Sanchez completed the scoring for Barca after Teerasil Dangda slotted home from the spot for the home side.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms