The World Cup is fast approaching and many nations are in the mix with a chance at glory. The most anticipated competition in history occurs every four years and this the 20th edition of the tournament.
Here I will be looking at which youngsters are set to star in Brazil and why they have so much potential.
5) Isco - This Spanish play maker has recently joined Real Madrid from Malaga for a fee of €30million and is only 21. He impressed at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship which has prompted a call up from Vicente del Bosque to the Spanish national squad. Isco has great vision and can pick out any pass - definitely a player to look out for at the World Cup.
4) Marco Verratti - Being labelled the next Pirlo isn't something to be taken lightly but this boy has a lot of ability and definitely has the potential to emulate the Italian's stature. He plays in centre midfield for French giants PSG and one day he could be a fantastic player.
3) Mario Gotze - After recently joining Bundesliga big guns Bayern Munich, Gotze has a bright future ahead of him and with the World Cup fast approaching, it could be great chance to show the world what he is worth.
2) Jack Wilshere - England's shining light - could Jack be the key to the three Lions success? Currently at Arsenal, he has had an injury hit career but if he can have a decent season at the Gunners then he could surely help England on their way to glory.
1) Neymar - There is only one person who could top this list and that person is Neymar. He's skillful, quick, great at dribbling and a lethal finisher. Neymar shone at the Confederations Cup - guiding Brazil to victory including a demolishing of Spain in the final. This boy has a big career ahead of him and now he is at Barcelona, he could become one of the world's greats.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms