Arguably the biggest club competition of all, the Champions League draw has offered up some tasty clashes but who will progress into next stage?
1. Manchester United – Champions League knock-out
2. Bayer Leverkusen – Champions League knock-out
3. Shakhtar Donetsk – Europa League knock-out
4. Real Sociedad – No progression
While not firm favourites, I believe that Manchester United will come out top of this group, but it could be tight between them, Bayer Leverkusen and Shaktar Donetsk. Real Sociedad I believe will be delighted if they pick up third.
1. Real Madrid – Champions League knock out
2. Juventus – Champions League knock-out
3. Galatasaray – Europa League knock-out
4. Copenhagen – No progression
A very tough group, Real Madrid and Juventus I believe will battle it out for top spot, but Turkish giants Galatasaray could be the dark horses, Copenhagen could pick up 3rd, but would surprise everyone if they came higher than that.
1. PSG – Champions League knock-out
2. Benfica – Champions League knock-out
3. Anderlecht – Europa League knock-ou
4. Olympiakos – No progression
Mega rich PSG will be favourites, but are still not guaranteed progression to the Champions League, Benfica and Anderlecht are both forces to be reckoned with.
1. Manchester City – Champions League knock-out
2. Bayern Munich – Champion League knock-out
3. CSKA Moscow – Europa League
4. Viktoria Plzen – No progression
Many will be surprised at my choice of putting Manchester City above Bayern Munich, but so far last year's winners have looked toothless under new coach Pep Guardiola. CSKA Moscow should pick up 3rd, and I expect Viktoria Plzen to be the whipping boys of the group.
1. Chelsea – Champions League knock-out
2. Schalke – Champions League knock-out
3. Basel – Europa League knock-out
4. Steaua Bucharest – No progression
Chelsea will come away delighted with their group, with Schalke the only team that should cause them any problem’s, Basel are still strong, but lack the consistent quality needed to progress.
1. Napoli – Champions League knock-out
2. Borussia Dortmund – Champions League knock-out
3. Arsenal – Europa League knock-out
4. Marseille – No progression
In my opinion the strongest group, with last year’s runner-ups Borussia Dortmund, big spenders Napoli and the Gooners all in one group. A bit controversial is the fact I have put Napoli above Dortmund, but I believe that Napoli have improved greatly over the summer, while the German’s have lost a few key players.
1. Athletico Madrid – Champions League knock-out
2. Porto – Champions League knock-out
3. Zenit St Petersburg – Europa League knock-out
4. Austria Wien – No progression
No stand out favourites, every team in this group should feel they can progress, but I believe it will be a battle mainly between Athletico Madrid, Porto and Zenit St Petersburg.
1. Barcelona – Champions League knock-out
2. Ajax – Champions League knock-out
3. Celtic – Europa League
4. A.C Milan – No progression
Another case of anyone could come anywhere, A.C Milan would usually be favorites for their group, but have lost star player Kevin-Prince Boateng, Barcelona will be favourites, but itlooks like a thrilling battle for 2nd.
Have your say in the comment’s box bellow.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms