Manchester United defender Alexander Buttner has claimed he does feature in manager David Moyes' first-team plans for this season after receiving assurances from the Scot.
Dutch left-back Buttner, who arrived at Old Trafford from Eredivisie outfit Vitesse Arnhem in August 2012, was rumoured to be heading towards the exit at United during the summer after Moyes pursued deals for Everton star Leighton Baines and Real Madrid's Fabio Coentrao.
The 24-year-old, who is yet to earn a senior cap for his native Netherlands, was rumoured to be on the verge of a season-long loan move to Besiktas after it appeared as if United had been successful in completing a last-minute deal for Coentrao in the final stages of a frantic transfer deadline day.
However, following the news that the aforementioned deal had ultimately been unsuccessful, Buttner remained at the club, and, after speaking to Moyes directly following an eventful but disappointing transfer window for the Red Devils, he insists that he features in his new manager's thoughts.
"On Wednesday I had a good talk with Moyes," he told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
"He told me that I had come far enough to play for Manchester United this season. He absolutely wanted me. I am a full-fledged United player for him.
"Last season obviously turned out to be a good one for me. And that was noticed by the club as well. That they want to talk about my contract is an appreciation of me," he added.
United, who suffered a 1-0 defeat to fierce rivals Liverpool at Anfield last Sunday, return to action in the Premier League on September 14 against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms