David Moyes has refused to comment on speculation that Manchester United made a move for Gareth Bale this summer.
Bale moved from Tottenham to Real Madrid in a deal worth a world record £86 million on transfer deadline day.
According to club president Florentino Perez, Real Madrid hadn't intended to make a serious move for the Welshman this summer but had their hand forced by a bid from Manchester United.
“Tottenham did not want to sell and we respected that. Then, when we found out that Manchester United would be making an offer, we made our own," he said.
“Bale was a Madrid fan since he was little and his dream was playing here. He asked us to make it possible for him to come.”
However, speaking ahead of Manchester United's Capital One Cup tie against Liverpool tomorrow Moyes, who previously admitted an interest in the winger, refused to be drawn on the speculation.
Moyes will be looking for a response from his players against Liverpool following their 4-1 defeat at the hands of Manchester City on Sunday.
The Scot admitted he was shocked by the scoreline, but says it is time to move on.
"Well, it's gone now isn't it?" he said. "I can't do anything about it so we move on and get ready for the next game.
"Yeah, it did [shock me]. But when you're a football manager for the length of time I have been, you are always going to have shocks. I've had lots and I have got no doubt there will be more in the future. That's the way football is.
"To get back on and play again is the best way to do it. You can't dwell too much on it. We're looking forward to getting the next game started and hopefully trying to win. I'm still getting to know all the players here and I have got a chance to get to know a few more of them this week and we'll see what they can do."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms