Liverpool will welcome back '£50-60 million' worth of talent when Luis Suarez makes his eagerly-awaited return to first-team action in Wednesday's encounter with Manchester United, says manager Brendan Rodgers.
Suarez has not made a competitive appearance for the Reds since April, when he sunk his teeth into the arm of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic and was subsequently suspended for 10 matches.
Since then Suarez has remained in the spotlight as Arsenal attempted to prise him away from Anfield during the summer transfer window, but Liverpool stood firm despite the Uruguay international expressing an interest in leaving.
Suarez though remains a Liverpool player and will be welcomed back into the senior set-up when the Reds travel to Old Trafford this week to contest the third round of the Capital One Cup.
"Now he comes back we are getting a £50-60million striker back in the team and that is exciting for us," Rodgers told reporters.
"This is a player who can come in and make a difference for us.
"All you can do now is judge him by his performances on the field. The measure for Luis now is on the field.
"His way to say sorry or make any contribution back to the supporters is to play with his heart 100 per cent and score goals and make this team successful and I am confident that will happen.
"He can't play any other way."
Suarez is in contention to start against Manchester United as Liverpool bid to secure a second successive victory over the fiercest of rivals in little over three weeks.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms