There's no denying that this season has been one of the most surprising - the Premier League top four is causing controversy, there's been more pokes and prods than you could shake a stick at, and of course, some incredible tactics!
But, who has scored the most goals so far?
GMS takes a look over the English Premier League, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and the Spanish Primera Liga to decided who's in the good books so far this season.
5. With seven appearances and six goals, Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo sits at number five in the chart.
The 28-year-old has played those infamous direct free kicks and long shots to his advantage this season, bringing home points against Granada, Elche, and most famously scoring three goals in Real Madrid's 6-1 win over Galatasaray in September. (Ok, that might be the Champions League, but it deserved a mention!)
To top it off, he's picked up the Man of the Match award three times in his last ten matches - playing 90 minutes throughout all ten.
4. In fourth it's the French forward, Anthony Modeste, who has delivered six goals in seven appearances in the German Bundesliga for current team, Hoffenheim.
He's scored against Schalke 04, Wolfsburg, Nurberg and not forgetting two goals in Hoffenheim's 5-1 win over Hamburger SV!
He's renowned for strong headed attempts and aerial duels.
3. Gracing the third sport is Monaco's number nine… it's the Columbian forward Radamel Falcao!
Taking seven goals in eight appearances with wins against Bordeaux, Montpellier, Marseille, Lorient and Bastia, as well as a 1-1 draw against Paris Saint Germain in September with Monaco's goal taken home by Falcao, it's no wonder he sits third (even if he does have a tendency to hog the ball!)
2. Lionel Messi takes the second spot, providing Barcelona with eight goals in six games with victories over Valencia, Sevilla, Rayo Vallecano, Real Sociedad, Almeria and of course that 7-0 smasher against Levante that saw Argentinian Messi take Man of the Match for the fourth time in his last ten games.
He loves a good dribble, and has too many strengths to list here! Impressive stuff!
1. Number 1 - the coveted position for best goalscorer of the 2013/14 season so far goes to … Diego Costa! The youngest player from this top five, 24-year-old Costa has scored eight goals in seven appearances for Atletico Madrid.
He's strong at headed attempts, finishing and counter attack threats. A bit like Messi, he does get fouled often, but as top scorer of the season so far, the Spanish side probably don't mind too much.
With goals against Real Madrid, Osasuna, Valladolid, Almeria, Rayo Vallecano and Sevilla, Costa has won Man of the Match twice in his last ten appearances across all tournaments.
So there you have it, the top five scorers in Europe so far!
Some players to watch out for as the season progresses though - 6th place goes to Emmanuel Rivière of Monaco, 7th to Kévin Berigaud of French side Evian Thonon Gaillard, 8th is Nicolai Müller of Mainz 05, 9th Robert Lewandowski of Borussia Dortmund and 10th goes to Vedad Ibisevic from VfB Stuttgart.
(For all the Liverpool fans - Daniel Sturridge came 12th)
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms