Sporting Lisbon want full ownership of Manchester United target

Published Add your comment

Football News

Sporting Lisbon are making plans to obtain full ownership of William Carvalho, making it easier to negotiate his proposed transfer to Manchester United, reports Sport Witness.

According to reports in Portuguese newspaper Record, Los Leones president Bruno de Carvalho is eager to cash-in on the 21-year-old, and wants to avoid any complications that could arise from the player's third party ownership.

Carvalho is currently only 60 per cent owned by the Primeira Liga giants, with the remaining 40 per cent owned by BES.

Premier League rules state that all clubs must have 100 per cent ownership of their players, preventing any third party arrangements in England.

Red Devils boss David Moyes is understood to be keen on bringing the Portuguese international to Old Trafford, but will not meet the €45million release clause written into his current contract at Estádio José Alvalade, which runs until 2018.

Manchester United know that Sporting Lisbon's crippling debts mean that they are forced to sell their prized assets almost every transfer window, and so are planning a cut-price move for Carvalho once his ownership issues are resolved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:

Premier League
Manchester United

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again