Manchester City have completed a deal for 17-year-old wonderkid Kelechi Iheanacho, according to the player's father.
Kelechi caught the eye of clubs across Europe with his performances at the Under-17 World Cup, where his six goals helped Nigeria claim victory in the United Arab Emirates.
Previous reports have suggested Manchester United, Chelsea and Porto wanted to land the young forward, but now according to his father it is Manchester City who have secured his services - although he did so not without confusing the issue further.
"As I am talking to you, I have chosen in my mind that Kelechi is going to Manchester United," he told Super Sport's 'Monday Night Football', before he corrected himself by saying: "I have told you that he is going to Manchester City."
He later told MTNFootball: "We prayed [on Monday] and, after due consultations with family members, we came up with Manchester City, believing he has a future there. That is where he will be uplifted."
The story took an even more bizarre twist when it was reported last week that his father had declared him missing, before he returned home safely on Monday morning.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms