Valley Parade Stadium - 1985
Also known as the Bradford City fire, the blaze resulted in the deaths of 56 home fans.
For many years the stadium was noted for its antiquated design with a wooden woof on the main stand and was due for demolition.
It is thought that the fire started when a spectator discarded a cigarette which caught fire to rubbish and debris which had collected under the main stand for many years.
Due to windy conditions the stand was quickly set alight trapping hundreds of spectators in their seats unable to escape.
Many people were either burnt to death in the stand or died from their injuries whilst trying to escape the hot inferno.