Arsenal are ready to move for Micah Richards after the player revealed he is considering his future, reports the Daily Star.
Richards has struggled to break through at Manchester City this season, having struggled to compete with Pablo Zabaleta for the right-back spot.
He has so far made just two appearances in the Premier League this term and has fallen out of Roy Hodgson's England plans as a result.
The 25-year-old has 18 months to run on his current contract at the Etihad but won't renew unless he gets reassurances about his role in the first team.
He told the Sunday Mirror: "My contract is up at the end of next season and, although I've already spoken to City and know that they are happy to extend my deal, I've told them I want to see how many games I play this season.
"I don't ever want to leave Manchester City, with the way it's going. But it's one of those where I will have to look at my career and say, 'Are you playing enough?'
"Come the end of the season, I'll do that and, hopefully, I'll have played enough. But it's a decision I'll make from January through to the summer when I see where I'm at.
But Arsene Wenger is ready to give Richards a swift exit option by making a move for the defender in the summer.
The Arsenal manager has been a long-time admirer of Richards and sees him as the perfect replacement for Bacary Sagna.
However, the Gunners won't have a free run at Richards, who is also wanted by Serie A giants Inter Milan and AS Roma.
The Daily Star is reporting that Manchester City would want a figure of around £10m from Arsenal for Richards.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms