1. Predictability - With the Premier League, you roughly know what's going to happen each season. The three clubs that come up will suffer, and the usual big guns will trample all over them.
Unlike the Championship, that is. This season for example sees unsuspecting Burnley lead from the front with a thin squad, whilst Wigan, who are currently playing Europa League football and have a Premiership squad, limp along in 14th position.
When the big six play each other in the Premier League, you know nine times out of ten both teams will cancel each other out, with the quality of both sides unable to shine through.
2. Playoffs - The Championship possesses one of the most enthralling parts of football. The playoffs take you from the very low extremes, to the very high. And the Premier League could learn from the division below in this case.
Introducing a playoff for fourth position would increase the drama, ending the anti-climax the race for fourth place normally becomes.
3. Fans - In the Championship, you get supporters who caught the 'football bug' by going along to games, and becoming addicted. In the Premier League, the bug comes from Match of The Day.
Rather than possessing a love for the team down the road, a lot of Premier League 'fans' pop along to games because a bigger club is in town.
4. Competitiveness - In the Championship anyone can beat anyone, regardless of league position and money spent. Games are normally closely fought, and it can take one bit of lady-luck to turn a game.
In the Premier League, the smaller clubs will always succumb to the superiority of the bigger clubs, even if the smaller ones pick up the odd win, if they're lucky.
5. Saturday at 3pm - There is nothing more annoying than having your game moved to accomodate television companies. There's nothing better than a traditional 3pm kick-off on a Saturday, and the routine that brings.
It certainly beats the thought of playing at 4pm on a Sunday, like so many Premier League games seem to be.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://gms.to/1a2u3KU
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms