Cruziero star Everton Ribeiro has revealed he would reject the opportunity to join Real Madrid in favour of Manchester United, according to the Daily Star.
This comes as no surprise as the Brazilian star has spoke about his desire of joining United in recent months. The player said in a recent interview:
“Yes, I would prefer that [to join Manchester United], the structure they have in place is one of the best in the world. I have been there already and went to a lecture by [Sir] Alex Ferguson when I was younger.
"I feel I am ready to play in any part of the world. If you play for Cruzeiro, you can play in any place. I would fit in any part of the midfield. I would do well as a playmaker to support the attack.”
Ribeiro, 24, has attracted much interest after an impressive season which helped his club side, Cruzeiro, win the Brasileiro Serie A title.
However, the signing of Ribeiro could be quite complicated as his club only 60% of the player. The other 40% is owned by a third party which would break Premier League rules if United were to go ahead with paying both parties.
United have begun talks with the Brazilian FA to understand the best way to approach the signing of Everton Ribeiro.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://gms.to/1a2u3KU
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms