Manchester United transfer targets Patrick Hermann and Max Kruse have ruled out a January switch to Old Trafford.
The Bundesliga pair have been linked with various clubs in recent months thanks to their performances for Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Speculation has increased in recent weeks that Manchester United could be eyeing up moves for the duo, with Red Devils boss David Moyes expected to be at Mönchengladbach's league encounter against Bayern Munich this Friday.
Manchester United are looking to reinforce their squad in the January transfer window and could well swoop for the German duo - however Kruse was quick to rule out a switch to Old Trafford.
"Manchester [United]? I don't think that'll be an issue any time soon," the 25-year-old told Bild.
Mönchengladbach are currently third in the Bundesliga, and have designs on a spot in the Champions League next season.
Hermann was less definitive with his answer when quizzed about rumours of Manchester United's interest - but insists he would like to stay put for now.
"It, of course, honours me to be linked to such a club," he told Rheinische Post on Tuesday.
"But a winter transfer is absolutely no issue for me. I feel fine here at Borussia, we are playing an outstanding season."
The midfielder, who has previously been linked with Tottenham, didn't rule out a switch in the future.
You should never say never," he said. "But the Bundesliga is one of the strongest leagues in the world."
Manchester United have been heavily linked with a £37 million move for Chelsea outcast Juan Mata this week.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms