Oxford City’s goalkeeper Victor Francoz appears to have used up one of his nine lives after he was injured trying to save a feline friend from tree.
The Frenchman picked up a bad calf wound after taking a tumble out of a tree when his attempts to help the miffed moggy went awry.
While the 23-year-old was left licking his wounds, his boss Mike Ford was less than impressed with the fact that unlike the cat, he couldn't land on his feet.
“It’s ridiculous,” he said. “I’ve not got any sympathy for him at all because he’s done it to himself.
“He fell out of a tree when he was trying to get a cat.
“He’s got a deep cut and unfortunately now we don’t have Victor because he’s gone back to France for a couple of weeks to have treatment.
“You just don’t get professional players climbing trees.”
The injury leaves the Skrill North side with Mark Scott as their only option in goal - which Ford admits is something of a cat-astrophe.
“It’s annoying because I wanted to have a choice with the keepers," he continued.
“Did I want to go with Victor, who is like an outfield player with gloves or Mark?
“Unfortunately, now I’ve got no alternative.”
Oxford are currently in a relegation cat fight at the bottom of the Skrill Premier - but have the chance to put in a purr-fect performance and climb out of the bottom three when they take on 12th-placed Leamington this weekend.
Football's strangest injuries:
- In 1975, Alex Stepney dislocated his jaw by shouting too loudly at his defenders....
- Liverpool goalkeeper Michael Stensgaard's career was effectively ended after he dislocated his shoulder while trying to put down an ironing board soon after signing for the club....
- Aston Villa striker Darius Vassell was forced to miss a handful of matches after he used a drill to try and burst a blister under his big toenail which subsequently caused a blood infection.
- Dave Beasant was forced into the physio room after he dropped a bottle of salad cream on his foot...
- Alessandro Nesta ruptured a tendon in his thumb after staying up late and playing too much PlayStation...
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms