Newcastle United could be in for another torrid transfer saga according to ESPN, as Mathieu Debuchy has refused to confirm whether or not he will stay at the club next season.
The right back, who has made 18 appearances for the French national team, is said to be saddened that France midfielder Yohan Cabaye left for PSG last month, and could follow him out of the door.
Alan Pardew's men are in a terrible run of form, and this news will only upset Toon fans more, as they look to get some points back on the board, after a 4-0 defeat at home to Tottenham last week, as well as the embarrassing 3-0 home loss to bitter rivals, Sunderland.
"I am here [at Newcastle] until the end of the season and for next year, I do not know,” Debuchy told French radio.
"I have had the opportunity to talk a little with Yohan and it is clear he is really happy there.”
Newcastle's contingent from across the channel is still large, and at the start of December, only Lyon had scored more goals through French individuals than the Magpies.
Controversial director of football, Joe Kinnear, left his role earlier this month, and it is widely rumoured Alan Pardew will be following him, despite signing an eight-year deal which is due to last until 2020.
The Toon Army currently sit in ninth place, and host struggling Aston Villa on Saturday, in what is an important game for both clubs.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: https://gms.to/1a2u3KU
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms