Manchester United won't sell club to David Beckham

Published 1 Comments

Football News

Manchester United owners, the Glazer family, have no interest in selling the club to a consortium led by David Beckham, reports the Daily Mail.

Reports emerged on Monday that a group of Manchester United legends known as the  'Class of '92' led by Beckham and including Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and the Neville brothers, were planning a takeover bid with money from the Qatari royal family.

The report claims that the Old Trafford legends have approached the Glazer family about a potential takeover in the near future. The Glazers own 90 per cent of Manchester United, releasing the other 10 per cent to the New York stock exchange in 2012.

With the backing of the Qatari royal family, it is believed a takeover of Manchester United could be worth around £2 billion and understandably excited the Old Trafford faithful, whose relationship with the club continue to strain.

Not only are a large section of fans still unhappy with the Glazer's ownership of their club, but they are also starting to turn against David Moyes, who has guided Manchester United to their worst Premier League season since its inception.

However, Manchester United sources have told the Daily Mail that the Glazers will not entertain a takeover bid as they are committed to seeing the club through this difficult transitional period.

They are ready to back Moyes in an unprecedented summer of spending and want to help guide the club back to the top of the Premier League.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:

Manchester United
Premier League

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again