Cardiff Blues and Wales international Adam Jones has written an open letter to the Ospreys fans after his surprise move to the capital.
Jones - who has been capped 95 times for Wales and has represented the British and Irish Lions - was expected to stay on with Ospreys as a result of the continuing dispute between the regions and the Welsh Rugby Union.
But the 33-year old has instead opted for a switch to the Blues, signing a one-year deal ahead of the new season which starts at the beginning of September.
Jones' letter - published in the South Wales Evening Post - said: "As pretty much the whole world and his wife will know by now, I had been waiting for a deal to be struck between the regions and the Welsh Rugby Union over a new participation agreement so the Ospreys could conclude a fresh contract with me.
"I haven’t been getting any money, but I was just hoping that the row that has blighted Welsh rugby for so long could be finally settled and I could pull on the black shirt again.
"Then on Sunday morning I received a call from the Blues asking whether I fancied a move there. I had to think long and hard about their proposal because I know all about regional rivalry and how much it matters in Wales.
“But my circumstances were such that I didn’t feel I could turn Cardiff down. I haven’t been paid for two months and the season is barely a fortnight away. I need to be properly attached to a team and training with a group of players in readiness for the new campaign."
The tighthead prop added: "I couldn’t wait forever. The contract with the Ospreys has been on the table since January, but without signatures it meant only so much.
"No-one is to blame. Andrew Hore [Ospreys chief executive] and Steve Tandy [head coach] have been straight down the line with me throughout the negotiations. They haven’t messed me about and I don’t think I have messed anyone about, either.”
Jones decision was met with disappointment with Ospreys, and coach Steve Tandy admitted the club have to move on.
He said: "It's a line in the sand and we've just got to move on and got to talk about the players we have."
The club released a statement yesterday, in which they admitted they were surprised Jones would not be signing for them this season.
Despite the move and the tension surrounding it, Jones says he has no hard feelings and believes Ospreys can have a successful season without him.
"They are going through a rebuilding phase, but with someone like Alun-Wyn [Jones] there – an immense presence in every respect – I still expect them to be pushing for a play-off place in the PRO12,” he added.
"Every player goes through bad times as well as good during his career, and the brilliant thing about Ospreys’ supporters is that they have always been there for me when things haven’t been going as well as I might have wanted.
“I will appreciate that for the rest of my career and beyond. It has been quality all the way.”
Jones will come up against his old side on Sunday 12th October.News Now - Sport News